name check and status question

ejon

Registered Users (C)
do all of us have to go thru this name check or they just pick random people? What number or who to call in FBI to see if the name check is cleared? How do I know I am in name check?

My 485 was filed in July and recieved by USCIS July 25, 2006. I was asked to send the medical information twice and they recieved everything on Sep 22, 2007. My lawyer called them to check the status they said it is still under normal processing time. Lawyer says if we don't hear from them by end of March, he would make a status query.

Your lawyer is right on this. Six months is a reasonable time frame. That makes the end of March.

Everyone goes thro namecheck..............security

do all of us have to go thru this name check or they just pick random people? What number or who to call in FBI to see if the name check is cleared? How do I know I am in name check?

My 485 was filed in July and recieved by USCIS July 25, 2006. I was asked to send the medical information twice and they recieved everything on Sep 22, 2007. My lawyer called them to check the status they said it is still under normal processing time. Lawyer says if we don't hear from them by end of March, he would make a status query.

Hi ejon,

(1) USCIS often issues duplicate requests. For example, I submitted evidence of special registration and i-94, then months later USCIS asked for that evidence again.

(2) Namecheck is truly one of the mysteries of the process. Yes, everyone goes through the namecheck process. But some people are cleared within months while others take much longer (such as myself). There's even mystery on whether or not a background check is conducted for i-140 approval (when my i-140 was delayed, USCIS said the delay was due to the background check).

(3) I would suggest you make an inquiry soon after you reach 30-day+ delay according to the processing schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many kind of checks they runs.
-Name Check
-Background
Also, where our FP goes what kind of check they do against those FP?