Name Check AND effects

waitintoooolong

Registered Users (C)
People,

I have read too much information about calling and making sure that your name check has been done from FBI.

Here is my question: How do you know that it has not been done? Because I dont want to call the FBI number and ask them about something that might have been already done ten months ago ....

Should I first ask USCIS whether it has been done? or is it okay to contact FBI and ask for that information.

When contacting FBI... should I first CALL and then send an expedited FAX request or what?

Any thoughts .... I know about the recent thread re: this problem but I just wanted to make sure.

First I did was to send a fax last week -- I give a leverage of two to three weeks to see any change..after that casually I will give a call to find out giving a follow up on the fax..

so that they will not get annoyed....

Deepa

Bharadee,

What is the FBI number to call?

bhadradee said:
First I did was to send a fax last week -- I give a leverage of two to three weeks to see any change..after that casually I will give a call to find out giving a follow up on the fax..

so that they will not get annoyed....

Deepa

Krr70 ,

I do not have a Phone number ,'os i picked up the letter format to FBI from this Forum...

Am waiting for them to respond as I told earlier i will give a two or three weeks time...

Name check.

I try to call FBI this morning and got a message that they no longer answer an individual's call, use e-mail instead. I do not know how long i have to wait for this name check. My case is that we did finger print last July and name check is still pending, obviously we are the victim of this new process and can do nothing about it.
But i am glad we can say something through this board. This is the only place we can share our thoughts....

How do you know your name check is pending?

-jd

it_guy said:
I try to call FBI this morning and got a message that they no longer answer an individual's call, use e-mail instead. I do not know how long i have to wait for this name check. My case is that we did finger print last July and name check is still pending, obviously we are the victim of this new process and can do nothing about it.
But i am glad we can say something through this board. This is the only place we can share our thoughts....