Name change

GotGreen

I had my name changed in India to include my last name. It was not specified on my birth certificate. I dropped my frist name, kept my middle name and added my last name to keep it simple. I advertised in the newspaper and gazette and had a new passport issued with the new name. Now I have received a RFE for 485 for proof of name change as the name on the Birth Cert is different. I have the newspaper clip and the Gazette where my name change was published. I also have the old and new passport. Is there anything else i need to get. I also have an affidavit from my dad for the name change.

Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have all the information needed to show the proof of name change.
Arrange them in the order and then send it.

This is only my opinion, You can even consult your attorney for more information.

Good luck.
Kandy

GotGreen said:
I had my name changed in India to include my last name. It was not specified on my birth certificate. I dropped my frist name, kept my middle name and added my last name to keep it simple. I advertised in the newspaper and gazette and had a new passport issued with the new name. Now I have received a RFE for 485 for proof of name change as the name on the Birth Cert is different. I have the newspaper clip and the Gazette where my name change was published. I also have the old and new passport. Is there anything else i need to get. I also have an affidavit from my dad for the name change.

Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
----- you have enough documents send the copy of each document and write on cover letter that you are sending as proof