Name change with citizenship -Anyone ventured it?

ny11023

Registered Users (C)
I am thinking of a name change with the citizenship. Just first name. But I'm hesitated by the hassles after it -ss card, marriage license, drivers license, credit card, etc. My dental hygienist told me that you can actually have 2 legal names, one on the American passport and one ss card, etc. Thay way I don't have to change all the legal doc. It sounds too good to be true though. Anyone did this? And how?

Please write your thoughts, whether you chose to do it, not to do it, did it. Thanks.

You can only have one name.

You only need to change your SS and driver's license (and inform your employer). For any documents you use infrequently, you don't have to update with your new name. You can use any of your old documents along with the name change document, which lists both your old and new names.

Just to clarify: I was only talking about documents (college diploma/transcripts, marriage license, etc).

You would still have to update records like bank records, mortgage records, etc.

So, you don't have to go out and update every document you have, but you'd still have to update records. Sorry for the confusion.