Name Change & Passport

WSU2005

Gurus,

I plan on applying for the US passport. Parts 9(1) & 9(2) of the application ask for any previous names used/legal name changes. My question is do I have to list my previous name even though the name change itself was done through the naturalization process?

Secondly, Part 10 of the passport application requires Parents Information. Is it applicable to everyone or just minors?

Thanks

WSU

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurus,

I plan on applying for the US passport. Parts 9(1) & 9(2) of the application ask for any previous names used/legal name changes. My question is do I have to list my previous name even though the name change itself was done through the naturalization process?

Secondly, Part 10 of the passport application requires Parents Information. Is it applicable to everyone or just minors?

Thanks

WSU

Yes, you should list your previous name. I changed my last name and was instructed to enter my previous one.

The parents' information should also be listed.

Actually, if you read the back page of the application, it clearly states that all information is optional except your social security number. So no you don't have to mention your parents or even the names you used.

Actually, if you read the back page of the application, it clearly states that all information is optional except your social security number. So no you don't have to mention your parents or even the names you used.

Try telling that to the postal clerks. I didn't mention my employer, as it was clearly marked as an optional field. The postal clerk still made me fill it in.