Name Change on Green Card before Citizenship

Dave P

I recently decided to double-barrel my last name with my wife's. I did it through the courts and have already changed my driver's license, UK passport, social security, etc, etc...

Silly me for not checking, but I didn't realize it costs $500+ to change your name on your Green Card. Since I'm planning to become a citizen in the next few years anyway, I'm now thinking I should just go that route.

So, my question is this... Can I apply for citizenship without changing my name on my Green Card? Obviously, I have legal proof of the change (court order) and my previous name is still part of my last name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

So, my question is this... Can I apply for citizenship without changing my name on my Green Card? Obviously, I have legal proof of the change (court order) and my previous name is still part of my last name.
Yes
Are you a conditional resident?

Put that $500 towards your citizenship application and just change your name then
Will have to submit proof of name change and that will be the name reflected on your citizenship application