Name change, New SSN card with new name taken 5 months

naani

Registered Users (C)
Friends

I got my new SSN card with my new name & same old SSN number after 5 months of oath. I have applied for a new SSN card next day after the oath ceremony which was held in Alexandia, Virginia court house.

Have a nice day
Naani

I blame it on the USCIS because the SSA sends a request to them and then awaits the confirmation. My SSN approval was 2 weeks late and the clerk there told me that it was because they did not receive an answer from immigration.

Anyway, congratulations!

I think it is better to wait a few days (two or three weeks) after the oath to go change the SSN card. I think that gives time for the databases to be updated. In my case I didn't need a replacement card, but I went to update my status. I waited until I got my passport book and I went to the SSA office with the passport to update the status. I've heard quite a few cases like this. Most seem to be for people who went to the SSA office very soon after the oath.

Name Change on Credit Cards

Friends

I got my new SSN card with my new name & same old SSN number after 5 months of oath. I have applied for a new SSN card next day after the oath ceremony which was held in Alexandia, Virginia court house.

Have a nice day
Naani

Is this standard processing time. If yes, it is too long to get name changed on credit cards. I was able to get my name changed on bank account by showing a copy of court document. For name change on credit card, the company needs social security card, drivers license with new name and a copy of court document.

I take part of my comment back. I didn't carefully read that this involved a name change. I was talking about removing restrictions from Social Security card.