name change/New social security card

VERA979

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
question for those who had their name change and had to apply for name change on social security card after getting sitizenship. How long did it take....I'm asking cause mine is taking longer then a month now....
Thank you.

VERA979 said:
Hello,
question for those who had their name change and had to apply for name change on social security card after getting sitizenship. How long did it take....I'm asking cause mine is taking longer then a month now....
Thank you.
Took about 2 weeks.

VERA979 said:
Hello,
Thank you.

it took about a month in my case. my Driver License came sooner than my new SS Card.

did you get your new DL mailed to you yet?

I don't know if they mail DLs in Ohio. In my case I just went to DL or motor vihecles or whatever it's called office, and they issued me a licence with my new name the same day.

guess I'll have to call Social security administration on Monday and check with them to find out what's the matter. Or the local office. It's just hard to believe it takes THAT long.

ocworker said:
did you get your new DL mailed to you yet?

Taking weeks/months for DL and "mail DL" is probably a California specific thing. Other states usually issue the DL on the spot.

rjad said:
Taking weeks/months for DL and "mail DL" is probably a California specific thing. Other states usually issue the DL on the spot.

it took 2 weeks to get the DL in mail.

I went to the social security office the day after I became a citizen. The card with my new name arrived in nine days.

So I called the local office today about the delay in processing.
Guess what they told me. " The clerk forgot to take a copy of your naturalization cert. the day that you apply. you will have to come bring the original again".
Well at least I know what the problem is..........

Unbelievable!!!! :eek:

I'm at a loss to understand how they could have forgotten to take a copy of your naturalization certificate in the first place. But I'm even more at a loss to understand why they didn't contact you to ask you to bring it in again during the month or so you've been waiting!!!!! :eek: sigh......

So after I came and brought my naturalization cert for the second time it took them 4 business day to issue a new card.