Name change issue

indian012

Problem - i never paid attention to the birth certificate (BC) which i submitted to INS (I-485) i.e. one alphabet was different ("e" instead of "a") from my legal name. At the time of interview i was told that they would issue naturalization certificate only with the birth certificate spelling and not my legal name spelling. I was planning to travel so was asked to make a decision on the spot. I decided to go ahead and complete the process without their name change option (mistake).
I got my naturalization cert. and passport with the BC spelling. Rest everything is with the other spelling (legal name in all my documents).

Now need help and guidance to how to change the name to match BC spelling - just FYI - this BC was made for the purpose of applying 485 stage never existed before and the clerk made the spelling mistake whereas parents name and birth date are all correct (fortunately).

The easiest thing to do would be update your driv license and SS card to update the agencies with your "new" name. Also look intp updating your name with the bank, credit card, mortgage etc.

that is what i am planning to do. I was just unclear that if i am able to do that all my education & other certificates will have the other spelling. I will not have any official documentation which denotes the change in the spelling of my name. I will let you know what happens at ssn office. If i am able to do that then everything else should not be a problem. thanks for your suggestion.