Name Change - Boston

ashwinmk

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I applied for a name change ( Vermont/Boston) as a part of my Citizenship app. I have my interview on July 31st. I have read posting on this forum indicating that is bad thing since they differ your Oath after the interview.

is there any way around this ?. Can I tell the officer to ignore my name change request ( I could get the name changed later). Or am I stuck now.

Any advise on this would be great. Also any tips from any body who has had their interview at Boston would be helpfull.

-Ashwin

I believe that you may still be able to tell the interviewer that you do not want a name change. Can you please post your timeline?

RE: Name Change Boston- Time line

Hello,

Applied on Nov 1st 2002
FP Dec 18th.
Interview July 30th.

Do you know of anybody that has cancelled their name change at the time of the interview... How can I confirm this is there a number that I can call...

Also Do you know what I need to take as paper work for the interview. Again I have heard that people take Tax returns, marriage certificates etc....

Thanks

-AK

When did u receive the interview letter

Hi ashwinmk,
when did u receive your interview letter ? I had applied
on the 31st Oct. 2002, but havent received any interview letter yet.
I got my fingerprinting done on 12th Dec. 2002.

Can you please let me know when u got the letter ?

Thanks

I had my interview on May 20. The name on my application did not match with that of the my birth certificate (Middle inital). The officer asked weather I would like the name change. I said I dont want a name change and would like the name on the birth certificate. ( This is different than on my green card). She used my full name as on my birth certificate and I was able to take oath on the same day.

My time line details:
My Priority date : December 21, 2003
Finger prints : February 12, 2003
Interview date : May 20 ,2003 9:00 AM
Oath : May 20, 2003 2:00 PM