Name change and PIO card

Terese

Registered Users (C)
My wife changed her last name to my name when she got her US Citizenship. We applied PIO card for her since she needs to go to India immediately (otherwise we would have applied OCI). It is been almost 4 weeks and We just got a voicemail from Houston consulate saying they need a proof regarding name change. The only proof we have is her US passport with the new name and her old Indian passport with the old name. We sent both with the PIO application. I am going to send a notarized self declaration about the name change. Would that suffice? Is there anything else i can do? Since we do not get any document regarding name change when done during citizenship application, what can we send to Houston Consulate?

Do you have any other suggestion? What else can i do? We need to get the PIO card immediately as she needs to travel to India soon. I tried calling Houston phone number several times without any success.

In other posts, i saw somebody called PIO card number? What is it?

What do you mean "we do not get any document regarding name change when done during citizenship application" ?????.. :eek: :eek: My wife got an additional Name Change certificate with her Citizenship certificate!.

We did not get any name change certificate. Also, no one in our group got any name change certificate. Who should we contact? When did you get the certificate during the oath ceremony or during the interview or did you have both on the same time?

We did not get any name change certificate. Also, no one in our group got any name change certificate. Who should we contact? When did you get the certificate during the oath ceremony or during the interview or did you have both on the same time?

She got it during the oath ceremony and NOT during the interview (there was approx. two months gap between interview date and oath date)

Does anyone who should i contact to get a name change certificate? Because during the oath ceremony, we did not get a name change certificate.

Sorry..I have no idea. How long did you wait for the oath after the interview?. May be you can call vsc and just ask them, but, I have no idea.