Name change after Approval

rambo12

Registered Users (C)
I didn't get my wife's last name after marriage as I didn't want to create any potential problems with my GC.

Now I have received my GC, how should I go about the changing the last name?

Any suggestions!!!

Thanks
-Rambo

Take your marriage certificate and go to your local drivers license office an ask for a new drivers license with the new name.
Then go to the social security office and get that changed.
Then fill out I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card and submit it to your USCIS district office. You need to pay a base fee of $185 plus a biometric fee of $70.
Then show the drivers license and change bank records...etc..etc...

rambo12 said:
I didn't get my wife's last name after marriage as I didn't want to create any potential problems with my GC.

Plz share the complete story.

you married ? before 485 filled?, pending 485?. u married here or outside US?. does her in passport is same in marriage Certf? and pettition?

I got married before my approval. Got lazy and didn't change her name before her 485 petition.

I didn't want add a complication on my case with changing a name. Now that we have recieved our GC, I want to change her last name. The marriage certificate says my last name but everywhere else it is her maiden name.

Good News is that spouse do have right to keep or change her name anytime even after her marriage :D , so even u say LA-Z-BOY :D ... that is also not issue.

Changing name of spouse last name after marriage is straight procedure, its not a big deal, find out how to apply to change last name for ur spouse from state web site where u live. try googel search engine with different combinations, u will find it. if u find do post and share the procedure.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: