NAHUR, DAFFYDUCK,AVASWA, JOEF,MEGHAP, DMAX, TUTU, PHILY, RAJIMINI,MARTA, AG Manny , RA7, Bittu , ama

sunil11

Registered Users (C)
Hi Dear Friends,

I know you might find this a stupid question. But your support in answering this one will enlighten me that nothing or something is wrong with my stamping. So Please take your time and read this amil and help me.

Could any of you please tell me what alien number was stamped on your passport and what alien number is there on the card?

Please this is very important for me to know this.

If you have a copy of the immigrant visa from the consulate, then you would see 2 eight digit numbers on that.
1) One starting with A #### ####
2) One starting with IV #### ####

What was stamped on your passport when you did your POE? What is written on your card?

Please be kind and generous enough to let me know of this.

Thanks in advance,

Sunil

Question on Immigration Visa form that is attached on top of the Yellow Packet

While travelling back to USA after successfull CP in India, consulate gives us a yellow packet & a Immigration Visa form attached to it. Can we remove that Immigration Visa form from the yellow packet- while travelling to show at the airports . or this form also to be always attached with the sealed packet.

No Title

Sorry, I cannot help since I have not done my CP yet. I am going in the mid of January.

DO NOT TAMPER WITH THIS!

Leave the entire packet intact in the same manner as given to you at the consulate. Yes, you will very likely have to show the IV at your departing / connecting airports, but don\'t separate it from the sealed envelope... you don\'t need to get an immigration officer upset or suspicious on your arrival.

I HAVE ONLY ONE #, STARTING WITH IV - AND IT WAS STAMPED ON MY PASSPORT

I got my cp from Delhi. I have only ONE number on my immigrant visa. The same number is written on TOP RIGHT & Bottom Right.
This number was stamed on my passport as my A Number.

Hi Guys

Please answer my query as PHILLY answered and please dont start a new discussion in this thread. Its not that I mind to that and I even know that you would care two hoots if I mind, but still please dont start a new discussion here and please try and help me with the valuable information.

Please accpet my thanks in advance for your time to write me a reply.

Thank you Marta for your reply. All the best for your CP in Jan.

Thank you Aisharwaya Ray for your reply. All the best for your CP in Jan.

Please help me with your answer to my query and make my holidays a happy one or else I will always be brooding over this issue.

Thank you.

According to PHILLY

who belongs to Mumbai consulate, he also got the immigrant visa from the consuate with 2 eight digit numbers.

1) A #### ####
2) IV #### ####.

Thsi means that I am not crazy. I too got the same one.

But in my passpot, the POE officer stamped with IV #### #### and in PHIILY\'s case it was stamped with A #### ####

Thank you PHILLY for your reply.

All the other guys could you please shed some light on this. Especially the October and Novemeber and December CP guys.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks

CP on Oct 22nd and POE nov 3rd . Recd Card on Dec 10th.

CP done from mumbai. POE entered the IV no on passport and recd GC with A# 0+IV number.

Thanks

Thank you Ramesh Jain for your Info

Also Ramesh Jain, Do you have a A #### ##### on your immigrant visa that you got from the consulate?

Is your A #### ##### on your immigrant visa different from the IV #### #### from the immigrant visa that you got from the consulate? Please let me know of the same.

Thank you very much for your reply.

This clearly indicates that for some candidates there is a discrepancy.

Philly has a stamp of A #### #### on his passport.

Myself have a stamp of IV ##### ##### on my passport.

Ramesh has got IV ##### ##### on his passport and plastic card

Others also respond to my query and help me sort this mess.

my one with A#

My passport is stamped with A#.
Did not receive the card yet.
POE: JFK
CP at Madras
DOE: 11/26/01

No Title

CP : Mumbai consulate in Jul\'01
POE : SFO
PP stamped with A# no (eg:A123456)
recd Plastic card in oct\'01 with same A# no as in PP but there is a 0 appended to it (eg:A0123456)

No Title

no both VI and A# nos are same... eg (IV123456) and pp has (A123456) and Plastic card has (A0123456)

Hope this helps...