N600

ENES

Hello,

I became a citizen 1 month ago.

I got a passport for my 13-year-old daughter. I would like to get a citizen certificate for her.

First, Do I need to open a new online USCIS account for her,
Second, for evidence Do I have to send them my naturalization certificate. Can I sent a copy of it?

Thank yo so much

Yes, she will need an online account. If you apply online, you can just upload copies of what you have without physically sending anything. (I have done this myself so I know it works!) You can also upload a copy of her passport. My daughter’s application got approved in less than 3 months with both these docs uploaded. If your daughter is 14 by the time her certificate is issued, she will be asked to say the oath of allegiance at a uscis office when she collects it.

Hi, Enes, how did you get your 13 years old daughter passport? Without to have her certificate of citizenship?

I have get my Certificate of Citizenship yesterday, how can I apply for my minor son for his passport? And which form do I need to fill up? N600? Or N600K? I was trying to fill form N600 online through my USCIS account, but when I review it before submitting it gives me two errors: wrong date of birth ( shows mine) and same thing with an A#. Do I need to apply for my son’s Certificate of Citizenship from a new USCIS account for him?

Hello,

I became a citizen 1 month ago.

I got a passport for my 13-year-old daughter. I would like to get a citizen certificate for her.

First, Do I need to open a new online USCIS account for her,
Second, for evidence Do I have to send them my naturalization certificate. Can I sent a copy of it?

Thank yo so much

Hi, Enes, how did you get your 13 years old daughter passport? Without to have her certificate of citizenship?

I have get my Certificate of Citizenship yesterday, how can I apply for my minor son for his passport? And which form do I need to fill up? N600? Or N600K? I was trying to fill form N600 online through my USCIS account, but when I review it before submitting it gives me two errors: wrong date of birth ( shows mine) and same thing with an A#. Do I need to apply for my son’s Certificate of Citizenship from a new USCIS account for him?
Yes he needs his own myuscis account.

For passport you use form DS11 it has instructions on the second page for what proof you need for your child
https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds11.pdf

APPLICANTS BORN OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
- If you claim citizenship through naturalization of parent(s): Submit the Certificate(s) of Naturalization of your parent(s), your foreign birth certificate (and official translation if the document is not in English), proof of your admission to the United States for permanent residence, and your parents' marriage/certificate and/or evidence that you were in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent, if applicable.

also note from page 1

REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN  AS DIRECTED BY PUBLIC LAW 106-113 AND 22 CFR 51.28:
To submit an application for a child under age 16 both parents or the child's legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:
- Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship;
- Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardian(s); AND
- Original parental/guardian government-issued identification AND a photocopy of the front and back side of presented identification.
IF ONLY ONE PARENT APPEARS, YOU MUST ALSO SUBMIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Second parent's notarized written statement or DS-3053 (including the child's full name and date of birth) consenting to the passport issuance for the child. The notarized statement cannot be more than three months old and must be signed and notarized on the same day, and must come with a photocopy of the front and back side of the second parent's government-issued photo identification; OR
- Second parent’s death certificate if second parent is deceased; OR
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, such as a court order; OR
- A written statement or DS-5525 (made under penalty of perjury) explaining in detail the second parent's unavailability.
 AS DIRECTED BY REGULATION 22 C.F.R. 51.21 AND 51.28:
- Each minor child applying for a U.S. passport book and/or passport card must appear in person.

The same evidence of US citizenship that can be used to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship can also be used to apply for a US passport directly. In the case of a child who automatically became a US citizen by being a US permanent resident under 18 living in the US with a US citizen parent, the evidence would consist of the parent's proof of US citizenship, the child's green card or proof of permanent residency, and proof that the child was living in the US in the custody of the parent.

And which form do I need to fill up? N600? Or N600K?
What exactly is the situation for you and your daughter. Is she living in the US as a permanent resident? Or living abroad? Were you a citizen when she was born? Did you naturalize?

I was naturalised two days ago, my son lives with me at US. He is 10 years old.
Does he have a green card? Are you married to his biological father and if not do you have legal (sole or joint) custody of him? These two factors are also necessary for him to get a passport/file n600. Please see post #7 again which details what evidence you need.