VSC_WDC

Registered Users (C)
Timeline:
DO: Washinton DC (in NoVA)
Mailed: Feb 20, 2007 or so
RD: Feb end
AD: July 2, 2007
GotIt: July 7/9, 2007

Mailed N-600 (application for certificate of citizenship) for my 10 year old child about Feb 20, 2007 to the Washinton DC DO (Northern Virginia). Received a small 'cash register' receipt in about 10 days with plain paper acknowledgement.

The mailman left a pick-up notice for a 'certified large letter' on Saturday, July 7th with a nearly undecipherable writing in the from section which we concluded after lot of analysis was 'Home. Secur.'.

Picked up the letter on Monday, July 9th and sure enough it was the Certificate of Citizenship and a letter mentioning that the GC need to be sent back to the DC DO or an explanation if we cannot send the GC back.
No interview or additional documents requested.
As far as I remember, I had sent the basic documents listed in the form i.e. copy of my naturalization certificate, copy of first 2 pages of my child's US passport and an explanation of why she has a US passport (basically applied for passport based on Child Citizenship act).

Was about to get an infopass to find out what happened to the processing, but am thankful that it is done with.

VSC WDC
Congratulations for your son's Naturalization certificate
I had also applied for my son on March 27 07 at Washington DO, got the cash register like receipt in the mail in around 10 days. Still did not received any correspondence after that , moreover they are processing March 15 applications so we will wait another month. I'll post accordingally
Regards

Very cool, congratulations. I'll be posting later in the week about our experience (we've been invited to an "interview" or "ceremony" this week). Our application was filed slightly more than a year ago (in Dallas).

By the way, jattindc1, that "processing times" site lies, it says Dallas is doing March applications as well.

jattindc1 and Flydog. Thanks for the wishes.

The end of the process is near for both of you so all the best. The DO processing time is more of a 'wish to do something by' time. Eg the Washington DO N600 is publish date (June 15) - 3 Months (time they wish to project that they complete applications in) = March 15 ( the published time ).

Well, I submitted the N600 as soon as fee increases were announced and of course to detach my child's status from our documentation and paperwork and now that I have received it I feel good about crossing this item off the list. With all the potential pitfalls, this exorbitant fee for the verification is still probably worth it.

A smoother process would be to automatically consider, review and grant the children citizenship certificate along with the parent's N400 approval. Ah, now I am in a dreamland...

Good luck.

Your experience makes sense. I'll be posting my daughter's experience later today - it was complete nonsense. But, it is over with.

part 7 on form n600

Hi, VSC_WDC
Congratulations for your son's certificate!
I am filling out N600 for my daughter. On Part 7 of the form, I understand that I need to sign it for my daughter. Under the "Printed Name", should I fill in my name or my daughters?

Could you let me know how you did it?

Thanks in advance!

I received my daughter's citizenship certificate (N-600) by mail yesterday. I applied in the last week of July 2007. I will be mailing her green card back to D.O. as per the instructions in the letter attached to the certificate.

Applied: 07/21/2007
Received: 11/08/2007

Best Wishes to all!

Congratulations! :) Which D.O. handled your daughter's N600. What they did (sending you the certificate by mail) seems like the right thing to do. I don't see the need of the "interview" that other D.O. schedule. I applied about a month later than you in San Jose. I'm still waiting. I don't know whether San Jose schedules interviews for N600, but I wouldn't doubt it. Everything is pretty slow in San Jose compared to other local offices.

N-600

Hello Folks please guide me I applied for my Son's N-600 on march 27, 2007 at washigton DC DO received cash register type receipt did hear anything from local till last sep 07 made an infopass IO said case is still pending and send a quary to the concerned officer but till today did not get any response called today to1 800 number and talked to the IO and he told me case is still pending and it takes from 6 months to 12 months. I made another infopass for 3rd weak of this month. Any comments advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi jattindc1,

They are way outside their processing time of June, 2007. I would raise that point with them. That's probably why when you did the Infopass they sent a query to the IO. I would keep insisting and I would make a point of telling them that the case is way outside their stated processing time.

Congratulations! :) Which D.O. handled your daughter's N600. What they did (sending you the certificate by mail) seems like the right thing to do. I don't see the need of the "interview" that other D.O. schedule. I applied about a month later than you in San Jose. I'm still waiting. I don't know whether San Jose schedules interviews for N600, but I wouldn't doubt it. Everything is pretty slow in San Jose compared to other local offices.

D.O. is fairfax,DC. I was surprised to get the certificate soon. INS website indicates N-600 processing date is still Jun 10th....,but my appl date was July 21st!