N470 - Anybody with experience

MovingwithGC

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to file for N470 (app to preserve residency). My question is

1. 1. How important is the 365 days in US without a break (during the time with GC)? In the app it says , "Please note that in most cases you must have been physically present and residing in the United States for an uninterruptedperiod, without any absences whatsoever, for at least one year after your admission as a lawful permanent resident before you can file a Form N-470."
I have had GC for 3.5 years now. I have been out of the country only for about max 2 months. I have been inthe US the rest of the time (i.e 3 years). But in terms of continuous residence, I only have 360 days of continuous residence. Every year I have made a one week trip out of the country. If I had known I would have planned my trips better and moved it out by 5 days or so.

Will the INS throw way the application based on this fact alone or will it be considered?

Anybody out there with N470 who can share their experience? Also anybody who got it with less than 365 days of physical presence requirement?

Thanks

Short trips (vacations, business trips) do not interrupt continous presence.

If you are a direct or indirect govt. employee (e.g. defence contractor) and moving abroad at the request of your employer then the one year requirement does not matter.

You need 365 uninterrupted physical days, otherwise they'll reject the application. The only exception is if you are applying under religious worker category, for whom slightly relaxed version applies.