N400

Daniela 3132

itizenship based on 5 permanent resident. During the last 5 years I never worked and I did not have any income. My husband is also a resident but he has not filled out his tax return. Can my application be affected in some way?

itizenship based on 5 permanent resident. During the last 5 years I never worked and I did not have any income. My husband is also a resident but he has not filled out his tax return. Can my application be affected in some way?
Yes it can be denied based on failure to file taxes.
Just file tax returns for the last 5 years.

Seeing that your husband never filled taxes as well.

If he had filed and you were included on it you could have simply explained that you were claimed as a dependent on your husbands return and had no income. But that's not the case as none of you filed returns.

If he had filed and you were included on it you could have simply explained that you were claimed as a dependent on your husbands return and had no income. But that's not the case as none of you filed returns.
I was claimed as a dependent on my mom’s tax return since she is who mostly supports me financially.

Who is failing to file is my husband, i didn’t have any income so I was no required to file

I was claimed as a dependent on my mom’s tax return since she is who mostly supports me financially.
When asked if you ever failed to file a tax return . Say yes , then explain that your mom supported you.You had no income . Walk with copies of her tax returns showing you being a dependent .