N400 withdrawal + reapply

andone

Registered Users (C)
This is my case:

-earlier this year I had my N400 interview, and we discovered that I didnt meet one of the eligibility requirements. So the officer told me that he would withdraw my application, and that I could reapply as soon as i met that requirement.

- recently, I reapplied, since I now meet that requirement. The first letter that I got from USCIS stated that " my application is processing and that I would get a
letter regarding my interview".

I was surprised why I didnt receive a fingerprinting letter, but then I thought that maybe since my fingerprints are already in the system(from the 1st time I applied), they decided that I wont need to get my fingerprints taken this time?

Do any of you have any ideas regarding this?

Thank you

that is a standard reply , you'll have to do the WHOLE process from the begining .. so wait for your fingerprint appointment :D good luck :eek:

No you don't have to do fingerprinting again. My case was same as yours and for second time I received interview letter without being fingerprinted.

Here is my timeline for San Francisco DO
2/9/05 - withdrawal of previous app
2/9/05 - sent new app
2/14/05 - PD
4/13/05 - interview letter received
6/14/05 - interview
7/7/05 - Oath

actually, yest. I received my notice for fingerprinting.

So i guess it depends from person to person, and some might skip the fingerprinting process.