N400 Timeline - NSC/Milwaukee

Any news from Milwaukee DO regarding the oath. I passed mine interview on June 10, and still did not heard anything...

Anyone got info pass?

Any news from Milwaukee DO regarding the oath. I passed mine interview on June 10, and still did not heard anything...

Anyone got info pass?

hi
Just wanted to see if you got oath for milwaukee DO and some remarks about N400 interview and milwauukee DO as one of my friend need some info and just doing some community service for him

Some input from your side would be great.

Thanks and have a nice day.

No, did not get the oath yet...still waiting. Ijust hope more people will share with their wait time...

It looks like it takes about 3 months from Interview to Oath in Milwaukee DO. My wife was interviewed on May 7th and her Oath is scheduled for 8/21. Oath letter came in the first week of August.

Milwaukee may seem fast when scheduling the interview, but after that it it's not. It has gotten worse since early 2008. It took 6 weeks for Oath from interview date in March.

Thank you WiscCitezen. It's a good info. Hopefully, it comes soon.

Hope others can also share their experience.

N400

any thing latest in milwaukee DO...pl post your recent experiences..

Does Milwaukee D/O allow walk-in for FP? I am travelling for work next few weeks and was wondering if anyone is aware.

During my two visits to the Milwaukee DO, the security guards at the entrance looked at my notice to see what type of appointment I had. FP is done at the street level while you have to go upstairs for the interview.

Security and the person taking the FP were not to particular about the date and time on the notice. The FP notice contains a 2D barcode that brings up your N-400 application details during the FP process.

Sorry I don't have the exact answer to your question.

DO seems quite fast, got my IL yesterday for ID 6/1. But reading from past posts Interview to Oath seems to be taking time, any recent experience?

Milwaukee interview experience

Hi All,

Completed my interview yesterday and was recommended for approval. Original appointment was at 11:00 am. Reached at 10:15 am since I was driving from Madison and had kept some buffer for things going wrong, stuck in traffic etc. After security check went upstairs to 1st floor for the interview, you are allowed to carry the cellphone as long as it is kept off. Both Infopass and Interview is on same floor, you drop off the IL in the slot by Door 1, on your right as you climb the stairs. Interview area was quite crowed and there were some 10 – 12 applicants and about same number of guests.

After a long wait was called in at 10:55 for the interview. IO was curt, swore me in and asked for my GC and started going over the application. He asked my current address, date of last trip overseas and if I was every arrested (I don’t have any arrest record). Then was asked to read 1 sentence, write 1 response, and then the US civics and history questions. He stopped after 6 correct responses. Went over the remaining responses in the application, if I had any issues taking the full oath and asked me to sign the application and print name, but did not ask me to sign the photos. He then handed me N-652 interview results that I was recommended for approval and that’s it. Interview was over in 10 mins and the only document asked was the GC.

Is there a limit to number of guests that can accompany you for the oath ceremony?

Almost there :D

For my oath ceremony a few months back, the # of chairs for guests was less than 50% of the number of new citizens. A lot of the guests had to wait outside the room.

I did not observe anyone checking the number of guests per applicant.

Good luck with your oath ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 months to receive oath letter

Milwaukee office is relatively long in processing N-400 compared to some other offices in California (for example). I guess they probably don't process a lot of apps like in California. It took me 5 mo+ for N-400. The longest part was waiting for oath letter. It took over 2 mo between interview date and oath date. But the office was not busy at all as per my experience during FP and Interview. Basically, there was no line, and it doesn't take more than 30 minutes in the office.

In the future, I wish they could have same day interview and oath. Milwaukee is pretty much the only office processing all N-400 from the whole state of Wisconsin. So, it wasn't convenient to commute there for multiple times.

Thanks to everybody posted above. Your posts helped me a lot in this process.