N400 Timeline - NSC/Milwaukee

packer_fan

Registered Users (C)
I sent my N400 on Nov 17th and it was received on Nov 18th. I still have not received my fingerprint notice. Would appreciate if anyone who filed around the same timeframe could give their status. My DO is Milwaukee.

Packer_Fan

packer_fan said:
I sent my N400 on Nov 17th and it was received on Nov 18th. I still have not received my fingerprint notice. Would appreciate if anyone who filed around the same timeframe could give their status. My DO is Milwaukee.

Packer_Fan

Priority Date: Nov. 07, 2005
FP taken: Dec. 29, 2005
DO Portland, OR

Packer_Fan

packer_fan said:

Packer_Fan

Packer_Fan,

Please, read the timeframe below. The DO is the same.

Thanks PP4U

Thanks for the update. I got the fingerprint notice today. Please find my timeline below:
N400 Received by NSC Nov 18th 2005
ND Dec 2nd 2005
FP Notice Received Jan 6th 2006
FP Scheduled Jan 24th 2006

Oath Notification

Hello,

I received the Oath notification yesterday. The ceremony will be on January 26th (thursday) at 10.00 AM at the Federal Building downtown Milwaukee. It took exactly 12 months. Started back in Jan 2005, Fingerprint in March 2005, Interview in May 2005, Oath Jan 26th 2006.

Ciao.

fabiodema said:
Hello,

I received the Oath notification yesterday. The ceremony will be on January 26th (thursday) at 10.00 AM at the Federal Building downtown Milwaukee. It took exactly 12 months. Started back in Jan 2005, Fingerprint in March 2005, Interview in May 2005, Oath Jan 26th 2006.

Ciao.

Congratularions fabiodema!!

Everything worked out and you will have your ceremony soon!

I believe I will have my interview very soon and could you please tell us how was your personal experience with the officer and during your interview in Milwaukee?

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations Fabiodema. You seem to have received the oath letter 7 months after your interview. Is this is the usual timeframe? Based on the USCIS website, they are processing applications filed around July 21st. Hence curious...

Interview Experience

PP4U said:
Congratularions fabiodema!!

Everything worked out and you will have your ceremony soon!

I believe I will have my interview very soon and could you please tell us how was your personal experience with the officer and during your interview in Milwaukee?

Thanks in advance.

My experience has been really positive. I got to the Knapp Street office I placed my interview letter invitation inside the drop box by door number 1 on the first floor (on the rigth as soon as you get upstairs). I had to wait for about 20-30 minutes over my scheduled appointment. The all interview process took about 10 minutes. The officer went over my application and checked my passport for any travel outside of the US. He made sure that the application was filled out correctly. I changed job after I submitted the N-400 so he took a note and update the paperwork. I provided info about the new employer. Basically he asked me all of the questions on the N-400. After that he gave me the Civic test, 10 questions multiple choices ..very easy. I had to write a small sentence in English that the officer told me. The phrase was " I go to work everyday " :p ... after that he said that was all set and I passed he gave me a form with his name on it and a check on the approved checkbox. The form at the bottom stated that if I did not hear from them within 120 days to contact the officer I had the interview with. I had to write him a letter because I did not hear anything from them for 5 months. They replied and scheduled an appointment down to the office in Knapp Street. When I got there I saw the officer almost immediately told me that he forgot to have me sign a form he apologized and it was all set. After that I received the oath letter in the mail. Overall very good experience, we will see on the 26th and I will post the Oath experience as well.

Ciao and good luck.

packer_fan said:
Congratulations Fabiodema. You seem to have received the oath letter 7 months after your interview. Is this is the usual timeframe? Based on the USCIS website, they are processing applications filed around July 21st. Hence curious...

I had some delays in my application. I explained them in my previous reply. I believe the process is faster if everything goes well. Hopefully for your guys will be faster. :)

Ciao

Thank You

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm glad you had a happy end for your case. Milwaukee DO Office sounds like the timeline is not too bad compared to others DOs. However, if don't contact them, your application would be collecting dust all this time.... Once again, Congratulations and all the best. :)

Got the interview letter - NSC/Milwaukee

I got the interview letter today. My DO is Milwaukee. I have given my timeline below. The interview letter states that it is the "Initial Interview" at the top of the letter. Is it the standard verbage that they use?

ND Dec 2nd 2005
FP Done Jan 24th 2006
Interview letter recd Feb 8th, 2006
Interview scheduled March 20th, 2006

Thanks,
Packer_fan

packer_fan:

packer_fan said:
I got the interview letter today. My DO is Milwaukee. I have given my timeline below. The interview letter states that it is the "Initial Interview" at the top of the letter. Is it the standard verbage that they use?

ND Dec 2nd 2005
FP Done Jan 24th 2006
Interview letter recd Feb 8th, 2006
Interview scheduled March 20th, 2006

Thanks,
Packer_fan

Hi there!

That's very good news! I am glad you got your intervirew lettter and you're going to the final steps for your naturalization. I am used to saying that Milwaukee D.O. is an excellent USCIS bereau because it processes the applications extremely fast compared to the others D.O.s! Basically in 4 months I got my citizenship!

Regarding your letter, don't worry about what it says. Let me tell you just a short story. These letters/sentences are standard. After my interview, the office checked the N-652, the naturalization Interview Results, the item "A" says :
"Congratulation! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears thatyou have established your elegibity for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony"

As you can see, I guess it is just a standard sentence. Otherwise, the officer never would have said to me after my interview:

"Congratulation! You will receive your oath letter soon"

Good Luck! and soon you will be here typing the good news! :)

Thanks PP4U

Thanks for the encouraging words, PP4U. I hope I have a smooth sailing on March 20th. I will share my experience after my interview.

Thanks,
Packer_fan

Milwaukee D.O. experience not so good

Hi, good to hear that your experience with milwaukee do was positive. However it is not so for everybody! An N400 we filed is pending there for 17 MONTHS AND COUNTING since the interview. Staff there is extremely rude and don't answer any questions regarding the application and they LIED too that the name check was completed and then two weeks later we found out that it was not.

PP4U said:
Hi there!

That's very good news! I am glad you got your intervirew lettter and you're going to the final steps for your naturalization. I am used to saying that Milwaukee D.O. is an excellent USCIS bereau because it processes the applications extremely fast compared to the others D.O.s! Basically in 4 months I got my citizenship!

Regarding your letter, don't worry about what it says. Let me tell you just a short story. These letters/sentences are standard. After my interview, the office checked the N-652, the naturalization Interview Results, the item "A" says :
"Congratulation! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears thatyou have established your elegibity for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony"

As you can see, I guess it is just a standard sentence. Otherwise, the officer never would have said to me after my interview:

"Congratulation! You will receive your oath letter soon"

Good Luck! and soon you will be here typing the good news! :)

any one out there in Milwaukee

hey gcgood,
in the Q1 2008 filers thread there is a VERY good news from wisc filers. His wife file in Febr and already get the Interview Letter within 12days after fingerprinting. The DO is Milwaukee. Man... your DO is really FAST....

milwakee and chicago consider same oath wait c do

hey guy me to still wait for 5 weeks for oath letter do you mention your result n 652
me n652 mark A cross box
2nd mark cross A box by conrgraslation and rcommende for approval
all boxex xxxx and your the same or decsion not yet made tell me someone is told me that chi do and milw do complete all 20000- 40000 cases complete in june 30 2008 so after pending mostly oath now birden for oath and capcity in chi do 200-300 people one day oath or 1000 old one first then new
did you share oath in your area or go for chi for oath
sahre your experrr:confused: