N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

anyone going for OATH Wednesday, need a friend who has a friend to help take some photos please. I am going for Oath at Campbell Center. Someone private me if going and your number is after 619 or below. Because then the sits are closer...:):(;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Houstonian :)

All went well today - similar to others' experiences... civics first, and then about 20 min interview. The IO commented on how well my package was put together, made his life a lot easier. I took tons of additional evidence (for marriage based case), but the docs I had included (house purchase, joint bank acct, joint auto insurance, copy of our DLs etc), was more than enough, he just wanted to see originals of marriage cert, hubby's birth certificate, passport. Very smooth and painless. Parking was the worst experience, very unfriendly lady on the gate, had to park in the overflow lot a block or so down. Oath letter took about 40 mins after the end of the interview. Unfortunately cut-off for this Wednesday was Friday, so I'm in the next one, which is October 21.

Good luck to y'all :)

TexToBe

Congrats!! :D
If all goes well, me and wife should be having the oath too on the same day ;)
Once again, good job and all the very best for the future.

Congratulations TexToBe!

My case is marriage based as well so I am glad you shared ur experience here.

Were u there right at the time of appointment or does it help to come an hour earlier?
What about dress code? I have seen comments or certain forums to go dressed as if for a job interview. Is that all necessary, or just business casual is enough? what is your experience with that?

Thanks wiba2009 :)

On the IL, it says not to be there earlier than 30mins before your appt. I arrived 40 mins (8.50am) before and they let us in, so I'm not sure how enforced this is... if you are not doing anything that day, you could try to go earlier... but it just depends how busy they are...

I wore business casual (and that's what I wear for work everyday), I was surprised to see some people in t-shirts and flip flops, and only one person who was really dressed up... The IOs that I saw, only one was wearing a tie (no coat), the other men were wearing bus. casual and the women too. It was easy to spot attorneys in the crowd, since they were the only ones wearing suits :)

Good luck for your interview!

Thanks Houstonian - I'm sure you and your wife will do great! I will be watching out to read your account :)

Tsc123102 - thanks for your well wishes... I really hope that IL turns up soon - I cannot imagine what's taking so long... *fingers crossed for you*

TexToBe- Excellent news, Congratulations- Get ready to enjoy a key milestone:) in your life- Best of luck!

4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date
8/19/2009: Oath date
8/22/2009: Passport applied (Expedited)
8/27/2009: Passport received

Thanks FirstImmigrant :) Hoping the next 5 weeks fly by, with no hurricanes :)

Nelsonyiga - tell us how it goes tomorrow - hope you really enjoy the ceremony (and found somebody to take pics for you - or can't you just drag a friend along :D )

Houstonian - the very best of luck to you and your wife for Thursday :)

Duh - sorry - I misread - thought it was the 18th :p But anyway, we'll be in the same Oath ceremony :)

Nelsonyiga - how was the Oath ceremony today?? :D

Timeline update

First, Congratulations TexToBe! Hope I will be at the end of this journey soon.

Got notification email from USCIS on September 17 (Exactly 41 days after I sent the package):"This case has been sent for a standard interview."

DO: Houston, TX

Aug 07, 2009 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
Aug 12, 2009 Package received at Lockbox
Aug 12, 2009 NOA #1 Priority Date
Aug 14, 2009 Check Cashed
Aug 19, 2009 NOA #1 received by mail, also e-mail with new status.
Aug 31, 2009 NOA #2 FP letter Notice Date
Sep 03, 2009 NOA #2 Received by Mail, also e-mail with RFE
Sep 04, 2009 FP Done, Early walk-in. Original appointment was Sep 24.
Sep 17, 2009 LUD Online- Case sent for standard interview
____---,2009 IL rec'd
____---,2009 Interview date
____---,2009 Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to know my interview date (Oct. 20, 2009)!

My status changed to SENT TO DO FOR INTERVIEW 2 weeks back. As still hadn't received the interview letter called the USCIS 1-800 #. They said still there is plenty of time for the letter to arrive!

Here's the other thread where I was discussing the possibility of getting INFOPASS appointment for duplicate letter:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=303570

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

Forms sent

Finally sent out my forms yesterday. Hoping for a speedy and issue free ride on this last leg of the immigration process.

Friends to Oath ceremony

Hi ya'll
My buddies from the ofice want to go to the oath ceremony on Oct. 21st to see me swear in.
The oath letter says to be there at 7 a.m. Does anybody knows at what time is the ceremony? Is it too difficult to park there?
Thanks,

Katy TX Resident