N400 - Tax Return Transcript

sanjay73

Registered Users (C)
I just had a question.

I am getting ready to file my N400 and i was gathering the Tax return Information. Based on the Sticky on this forum, i called the IRS and requested them to fax me the Tax Return transcripts.

The transcript was received and it has all the information like the filing status, the date it was filed, the form number ( like 1040 etc) , the Income details, adjustments.

Will this be enough to take it with for the interview or do we all have to make copies of all the forms we get when we file taxes every year...

I am confused...can you let me know. I am just making sure i have the appropriate copies and wont show or give anything to them unless asked :) :):)

Thanks for your time and help.

I just had a question.

I am getting ready to file my N400 and i was gathering the Tax return Information. Based on the Sticky on this forum, i called the IRS and requested them to fax me the Tax Return transcripts.

The transcript was received and it has all the information like the filing status, the date it was filed, the form number ( like 1040 etc) , the Income details, adjustments.

Will this be enough to take it with for the interview or do we all have to make copies of all the forms we get when we file taxes every year...

I am confused...can you let me know. I am just making sure i have the appropriate copies and wont show or give anything to them unless asked :) :):)

Thanks for your time and help.
Are you filing based on marriage to a US citizen?

I have read accounts of naturalization based on 5 year LPR being asked for Tax Transcripts. It only takes a minute and is free to get by fax. Im sure I wont need it since I have lived here since 1987 and haven't left the country but to the Bahamas once for 4 days.. however im gonna request mine before I go just incase. Last thing I want is to have to be scheduled for a follow-up to bring em in and delay 2-3 months....

I have read accounts of naturalization based on 5 year LPR being asked for Tax Transcripts.

I am one case where this happpened - admittedly, my employment is in the entertainment field, and consists of many, many different jobs where I may actually only employed by that company for one or two days. This confused my IO no end, she seemed convinced I was self-employed. She asked for tax transcripts, which I did not, and told me my case was going to be delayed until I supplied them. However, later in the interview she decided they were unnecessary.

I am one case where this happpened - admittedly, my employment is in the entertainment field, and consists of many, many different jobs where I may actually only employed by that company for one or two days. This confused my IO no end, she seemed convinced I was self-employed. She asked for tax transcripts, which I did not, and told me my case was going to be delayed until I supplied them. However, later in the interview she decided they were unnecessary.

I dont see why you wouldn't just take the transcripts just incase.. Its free and u can have them faxed to you same day... Why take the risk? Imagine in your case if you were delayed 2-3 months or more for not having it...