N400 returned

Rajah

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys
I completed 4 yrs, 10 months on my employer based GC, so I filed my N400 3 weeks ago. On part 2, I had checked D and typed in 4 yrs 10 months as PR.

However, USCIS sent me the application back saying I selected option D, but not specified a section of law related to naturalization

Some people on this forum had suggested I select D (instead of A) because I have not completed 5 yrs on PR.

Now what do I do? Do I select A and resubmit the same application. Any body have similar experience

Please advise

Rajah

Hello guys
I completed 4 yrs, 10 months on my employer based GC, so I filed my N400 3 weeks ago. On part 2, I had checked D and typed in 4 yrs 10 months as PR.

However, USCIS sent me the application back saying I selected option D, but not specified a section of law related to naturalization

Some people on this forum had suggested I select D (instead of A) because I have not completed 5 yrs on PR.

Now what do I do? Do I select A and resubmit the same application. Any body have similar experience

Please advise

Rajah

Check option A

You should have checked "A" as you were sending the application in within the 90-before anniversary date. USCIS allows you to jump start the process with the 90-day thing so they accept that you will have a pre dated application that will apply *after* the anniversary.

There are some posts here where the interview was even a few days before the anniversary and the IO told the applicants they could not do the same day Oath as it was not yet the full five years.

I assume they sent the check back. I would just reprint the page and fill it in again and send it in. Make sure you send it with a return receipt.

Check Option A and send revised application

Rajah,

Do not worry, just replace that page checking Option A and resend the application.
You may want to attach cover letter. But, I do not think you need it.

If you need further help, let me know. I can send you the covering letter I attached. Send private message.

I did the same mistake because of that my process got delayed by 4 weeks.

But, now I am on track and also finished FP and waiting for interview letter.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARB123