N400 Receipt March 30th - No updates since

Immigration101

Registered Users (C)
My wife sent in her application to MO lock box in March. She received a receipt notice on 3/30/12 and the check was cashed soon afterwards (4/4). But we have had no updates since. Most other folks on the forum seem to have received FP notices in a couple of weeks after the receipts. Should we be worried? Is there a way to ping USCIS on the status?

Timeline:
N-400 receipt date: 3/30/2012
Check Cashed: 4/4/2012
FP notice: XXX
FP appt: XXX
IL: XXXX
Oath: XXX

BTW, her case is pretty simple. Got her GC 4 yrs ago (marriage-based - I am a USC). Applying for N400 under 3yr marriage-based rule. No major trips outside the US, etc. Not sure what is taking so long with the case.

Call them

I was waiting for 40 plus days for it and when there were no signs of it, I had to call them and remind. My status got updated very next day to FP notice sent. I would encourage you to do the same.

Thanks Arvind.

We called. USCIS said that the local office will contact us in 15 days. Very curious. I thought that the case doesn't even arrive at the local office till the FPs are cleared. Any comments from the experts here?

Update

Updating the status for those interested.

So, we did hear back from the USCIS and got two appointment letters for the fp. Thankfully, they were for the same appointment day/time.

After biometrics, successfully had the interview on 8/1/2012, recommended for approval. Now waiting for the letter scheduling for oath. Hope that we don't have to call USCIS for that too!

Here is the timeline:

Timeline:
N-400 receipt date: 3/30/2012
Check Cashed: 4/4/2012
FP notice: 5/30/2012
FP appt: 6/20/2012
IL: 6/25/2012
Interview: 8/1/2012
Oath letter: XXX
Oath: XXX

Last edited by a moderator: