N400-Questions

kamlani1

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for the naturalization and mailed all the documents to Phoenix, AZ since I am a Illinois resident. The documents were received by the office on 04/27/09. The check has not been cashed yet and I have not received receipt notice. I was granted permanent residency by an immigration judge on 07/27/04.

I have few of questions:
- How long should I wait before contacting USCIS regarding my application if I don't receive the receipt notice and check does not get cashed?
- Is there a different procedure for the people who get permanent residency through immigration judge?

Thank you,

I have applied for the naturalization and mailed all the documents to Phoenix, AZ since I am a Illinois resident. The documents were received by the office on 04/27/09. The check has not been cashed yet and I have not received receipt notice. I was granted permanent residency by an immigration judge on 07/27/04.

I have few of questions:
- How long should I wait before contacting USCIS regarding my application if I don't receive the receipt notice and check does not get cashed?
- Is there a different procedure for the people who get permanent residency through immigration judge?

Thank you,

The check should have been checked by now but youy can wait 2 more weeks.

But your caulculation of 90 days is too tight (07/27/09-90=04/27/09)
If USCIS received your application on 04/27/2009, does it mean you
mailed it on 04/26/2009 at the latest? What is the date you put down
on the signature line on N400?

You might haved applied one day too earlier

I had mailed the documents on April 25th and it was received on April 27th. I had put in April 27th as the date on the form

I agree with WBH, you may have mailed it too early. If you mailed it on the 25th and they received it on the 27th, then USCIS knows that you could not have possibly signed it on the 27th. Its always good to wait a week or two just to be safe. Hopefully someone who has been through a similar situation will be able to shed some more light on your case.

April 27 is 91 days before July 27, 1 day more than the limit of 90 days before the 5 year anniversary.

If you're lucky, they'll reject it promptly and send the check back to you soon, uncashed. If you're not so lucky, they'll cash the check anyway, and you'll wait until the interview to find out that you've been denied.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied exactly 89 days earlier, will I face any problem any problem at interview or by USCIS?
Please Reply

I sent my application on 91st day (before 5 years) which was received by USCIS on the 90th day. So far, my application is moving fine... So don't worry:

-------------------
Houston DO
4/7/2009: Priority Date
4/15/2009: N400 receipt received
5/11/2009: FP notice received
5/15/2009: FP done (Walk-in, Was scheduled for 5/28)
x/xx/2009: IL (Waiting for IL- Expecting in June)

I sent my application on 91st day (before 5 years) which was received by USCIS on the 90th day. So far, my application is moving fine... So don't worry:
The OP's application arrived on the 91st day. So there is reason to worry in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:

as Jackolatern said, one can get rejected during intervirview for one day difference. So moving fine so far may be worse unless moving fine so far
means interview is already passed succesfully (a OK final outcome is
only completion of the oath)

I had mailed the application on Saturday 04-25, the USPS agent told me that the application will be delivered by Wednesday 04-29. According to the USPS tracking it was delivered on 04-27 at 11:00am (I had signed with the date of 04-27). Since the check has not been cashed yet, should I stop the payment on the check and send a new application or wait for couple more weeks.

I had mailed the application on Saturday 04-25, the USPS agent told me that the application will be delivered by Wednesday 04-29. According to the USPS tracking it was delivered on 04-27 at 11:00am (I had signed with the date of 04-27). Since the check has not been cashed yet, should I stop the payment on the check and send a new application or wait for couple more weeks.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is to withdraw the application and send a new one.

How I can withdraw the application?

- Cancel the check and send new set of documents with a letter requesting to withdraw the last application?

Thanks

Dont rush it again, I think you should wait another week and then call USCIS to see what is going on.

The OP's application arrived on the 91st day. So there is reason to worry in that case.

I would think 5 years of GC will complete on July 26 not 27, May be i am missing something??

Date to time calculation::
From and including: Monday, April 27, 2009
To, but not including : Sunday, July 26, 2009

It is 90 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

- Cancel the check and send new set of documents with a letter requesting to withdraw the last application?

Thanks

Don't panic... give it couple more days. You can call USCIS on Monday and talk to IO and get latest on your case....

Moving fine is different. I remember someone rejected at interview with same reason.

90 day rule means 90 days- Application submition is 100% compliant with the law... On which grounds they will reject the application????

Don't put a stop payment on the check unless USCIS has agreed to not cash it. Stopping a check for the legitimate recipient of the check is against the law, and you don't want them to have USCIS write that against you for your next application. All you can do is wait a few weeks to see if USCIS will choose to return the check uncashed. Then if they don't return it, send in a new application with a request to withdraw the original application.