N400 question

muthu3328

Hello,
I am new to this board. I sent my N400- Naturalization application to Texas center, Mesquite. I live in Miami, Florida. On the application the instuctions said, that if I live in Florida, I need to send it to Texas center.
My question now is does the application gets transferred from Texas to Miami? I saw several post with processing times in cities like Philadelphia, Miami. I am wondering if I had sent my application to the wrong place. Please let me know. I sent my application three weeks back and I received a receipt notice two days back with a priority date of Dec-1st. Can some one explain the process. How long does it take to get FP? Does that depend on the location as well.

Thanks
Muthu

Dont worry

You did the right thing. Once TSC completes its initial screening, it will transfer to the Miami local office for interviewing and remaining processing. Fingerprinting is usually handled by an ASC (application support center), timing is more or less consistent everywhere - no later than 2-3 months after you send in your application