N400- NSC timeline tracker for Madison/Milwaukee

thejas

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I have posted my timeline below, Please post your timeline also if you belong to Madison/ Milwaukee area.

MD:09/05

Waiting for reciept date l

Regards, SV

thejas said:
Folks,
I have posted my timeline below, Please post your timeline also if you belong to Madison/ Milwaukee area.

MD:09/05

Waiting for reciept date l

Regards, SV
Has your check been cashed yet? It is unusually long wait (one month) for the receipt notice from NSC. If it is cashed, then it may be an administrative delay - else, you may want to track the shipment to make sure it is not lost in the trasit.

Basically my experience so far :
Sent N400 application to Nebraska on 9/10/05.
Application was received on 9/13/05 (Check cleared on 9/14/05)
ND: received on 9/20/05
FP Notice received on 10/04/05
FP date: 11/9/05 – Local : Milwaukee

MD 09/23/05
Recieved Date & Processed Date 09/26/05
Notice Date 10/04/05
Notice Recieved Date 10/08/05
Finger Print Notice Date ???
Finger Print Date ???
Online Status Disappeared date ???
Interview Notice Date ???
Interview Notice recieved Date ???
Interview Date ???
Oath Date ???
PP apply date ???
PP recieved date ???

Update

I called the FBI yesterday and I got the following info: FBI sent back to USCIS the result on the same day of my fingerprint!! :eek: :eek: and therefore, the background investigation was done in just few hours. My name is now on NNCP in Washington DC and only God knows how long it will take for the name clearance. :(

Great, what was your experience like for the finger printing and what documents do they check for.

Milwaukee Time line

Hi,

I had my interview back in May 2005 and I am still waiting for the OATH notification. Today I read this news about the FBI name checks.

FBI Name Checks

October 31, 2005

Agent Albert J. Pisterzi from the FBI was present at a Immigrant Community Roundtable to discuss the status of FBI name checks and shared some interesting points:

Within the last year, USCIS has submitted approximately 1.5 million name check requests to the FBI. Of these, 233,000 are still pending. Please note that this does not include the 2.7 million names that the FBI had to re-run after 9/11 and of which 2600 are still pending.

The FBI has a first in, first out policy for conducting name checks. If there is a hit, an analyst has to review the physical file and any related documents. He also mentioned that USCIS DOES have the ability to request that the FBI take cases out of order.

Agent Al stated that the FBI just implemented a phone number (National Name Check Office: (202) 324-2399) about two days ago for individuals to call and inquire about the status of their name checks.

We called to see how it works and it is a recording. According to Agent Al, there should be a live person answering the phone calls. The phone message provides an email address (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) where you can inquire on the status of your case(s). You are to provide: Name, Date of Birth, Alien Number, E-mail address.

courtesy of Loan T. Huynh, Esq.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
4000 Pillsbury Center
200 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402-1425

fabiodema said:
.......Agent Al stated that the FBI just implemented a phone number (National Name Check Office: (202) 324-2399) about two days ago for individuals to call and inquire about the status of their name checks......

Just FYI:

The information is outdated. The number given above is no longer available since 12/24/2004. ;)

Milwaukee Time line

Thanks for the info. Still waiting for OATH notification in Milwaukee. Not in a rush just little puzzled :confused:

Got some news on my case

Well,

Today I had an appointment with INS in Milwaukee, after I sent a letter to my case officer (the one I had the interview with). In the letter I asked why is taking so long to get the OATH letter. I had my interview in May 2005 and I started the process back in January 2005. Well today I find out that at the time of the interview the case officer forgot to make me sign a form :rolleyes: . I signed the form and the officer apologized and he said that I was approved and I will receive a oath letter pretty soon. He said that I will have my oath in January 2006. It took about 12 months, without that mistake it would be probably take 8-10 months. So just hang in there ....

Happy Holidays.

My Timelines at St. Paul, Minnesota

Mailed N-400 documents 09/06/05
Received at NSC - 09/07/05
Priority Date - 09/07/05
FP Notice received 09/27/05
FP DOne - 10/29/05
FP results back to NSC from FBI - 10/29/05
Online Status disappeared - 11/30/05
Notice received for Interview - 12/02/05
Interview Scheduled for - 02/02/06
Oath ?????

good news

Fellows:

Good News! I just got a letter from CIS and my interview is scheduled for the end of the month. (01/24). I will keep this thread updated after my appointment. :)

Anyone received oath letter recently?

Anyone received oath letter recently from Milwaukee? I have given my timeline below. I would like to know when the next oath ceremony would be?

Thanks,
Packer_fan

N400 RD Nov 18th 2005
FD done Jan 24th 2006
Interview Done March 20th 2006
Oath ???

Time to check again! Please post any information about oath ceremony at Milwaukee for April. Please mention your interview date too.

Thanks,
Packer_fan

RD Nov 18th 2005
FP Done Jan 24th 2006
Interview Done March 20th, 2006
Oath Date ???

Processing timeline in Milwaukee

Application sent: February 14, 2006
Notification date: February 21, 2006
Fingerprint date: March 24, 2006
Fingerprint taken: March 29, 2006
Interview notification received: April 15, 2006
Interview date: June 27, 2006

Interview at Milwaukee

Just finished the interveiw last week. The interview process went smooth. They were running an hour behind schedule so that was a painful wait. Once called in, I was asked few questions on history,civic knowledge. Those questions were from the list of 100 question and answers available from web site. So no problem there. Then N-400 form verification formality, few signature and I was out in 10 minutes. The officer informed me that I should recieve the oath letter within 120 days.
Here is my timeframe.
PD May '07
FP: June 4 '07
Interview: Mid September '07
Oath: ?

Oath at milwaukee courthouse

Finally I had my oath taken at Milwaukee Courthouse and the immi journey that started 13 years ago with a student visa stamp in a passport from Mumbai consulate is over. I was asked to appear at 1 pm, so I reached there an hour early. Well at 1 pm they started collecting GC, and let people taking seat in court house, then judge came in at 2 pm, administered oath and in within 30 minutes I was out with my naturalization certificate. For anyone interested, there is a US Bank parking structure open for public ($4/hr) at Van Buren and Michigan, block east of courthouse.
Good luck to all of you!
Timeframe
Here is my timeframe.
PD May '07
FP: June 4 '07
Interview: Mid September '07
Oath: Mid October '07.