N400 naturalization success story with pending traffic ticket

MacMike

Registered Users (C)
Have anyone got success into N400 naturalization interview while traffic infraction court date pending ? I have 5 traffic tickets throughout 10 years and one got just last month. Everything is paid and cleared except last one. The court date is next month, but my interview is coming week. Should I represent attorney or go myself ?
Anyone has story to share here, highly appreciate.

Traffic infractions are rarely an issue if paid unless the person gets several tickets that the USCIS holds against good moral character. I suggest you pay the ticket and keep the receipts. Some adjudicators ask for payment proof, others don’t. It’s a discretionary thing.

Traffic infractions are rarely an issue if paid unless the person gets several tickets that the USCIS holds against good moral character. I suggest you pay the ticket and keep the receipts. Some adjudicators ask for payment proof, others don’t. It’s a discretionary thing.
ya .. speeding would have been better so that I can pay and close the ticket.. I got break light fix ticket, which wont be closed until my interview. Just wonder whether they approve N400 while case is pending.

Also, how many tickets hold against GMC ? ... I have 5 in last 10 years. and some of tickets are purged off in court record. its not available in their system. Wonder if I need to mention those tickets also...Do I have to disclose all tickets date by date basis in interview or just overall count ?

You have to disclose citations in N400 in yes/no questions and in interview (if asked). It’s ok if you don’t remember the exact dates, they can be approximate. Are any of your tickets “moving violations”? They can be misdemeanors in some states. Adjudicators have a lot of discretion in GMC determination as they review your record. You can google traffic violations and Good moral character and check. But again Usually 5 minor infractions are unlikely to be an issue.

Those were in TX, and TX classify tickets as Misdemeanor-C. is that a problem ?
When I pull driving record from TX DPS, I only see 2 records and other are seems not available in court system also.
Not sure if I follow driving record, becuase since court system thrown records, do USCIS still see them ?

Yes some moving violations are misdemeanors in certain states. If two of your tickets are misdemeanors then what about the remaining?You need to find out if they are infractions or misdemeanors. Was the fine less than $500 or more?

In fact even if 2 of your traffic tickets in the last 5 years are moving violations that are classified as misdemeanors, it “maybe” an issue. I know there is a petty crime exception for one misdemeanor. Yes, USCIS may have access to records and you are required by law to disclose them else if you don’t and they know about it, then your citizenship will be denied for “lying under oath”. Maybe someone else on the forum can chime in about multiple misdemeanor traffic violations.