N400, N652- "Decision cannot be made on your application"

Citizenship Interview: July13th, 07 - Decision not made
Oath Letter Received: August 17th 07

A decision was not made because of a missing entry stamp. The immigration officer forgot to stamp my passport last time I entered the country. Which I think is a bigger security issue than AAA membership. Keep your hopes up, you will be hearing from them soon.

PD April 12, 07
FP April 28th, 07
Citizenship Interview July 27th, 07

Attented the interview in July 27th afternoon at Detroit. Officer called me after 15min and both went to his cube. After the oath he opened my N400 application and started asking all the questions. On one question where it says "Are you memeber of any social clubs etc....", I said, yes I am a member of AAA club. He made a correction there because on the application I answered "No". He changed it to "Yes" and wrote in the space AAA club.
After that he asked the interview questions and I answered all correctly. later he gave me to write a simple sentence and asked to read a simple sentence.

After that he said you have passed the interview and we need to do some background check. As of now he said it is pending. He gave me an N652 form on which You passed the interview was checked and "A decision cannot be made yet also was checked".

Ay advice from anyone who had similar experiences??. Does Interviews happen without clearing background checks??.

Detauto any news on your case?

anyting new with you, i am still waiting for oath. hope you got yours.