N400 moved to local office

ronin1976

Registered Users (C)
I applied for the citizenship in MArch of 2007. Few daus ago I called customer service to check on my application and I was informed that my application was moved to my local office.What does that mean? Is that an improvement? Thank You!

It means that you passed the background check (name check) and you should receive your Interview notice very soon. That should be very good news. I'm waiting for that to happen to me :(

I applied for the citizenship in MArch of 2007. Few daus ago I called customer service to check on my application and I was informed that my application was moved to my local office.What does that mean? Is that an improvement? Thank You!

no, it is just standard. It means your background check is completed (I hope) and your application is transferred to your local district office for an interview. Your local District office will schedule an interview for you and will mail an interview notice letter to you so you will get an interview letter shortly. Good luck. :)

no, it is just standard. It means your background check is completed (I hope) and your application is transferred to your local district office for an interview. Your local District office will schedule an interview for you and will mail an interview notice letter to you so you will get an interview letter shortly. Good luck. :)

Well I would call that an improvement seeing as the OP applied in March 2007.