N400 interview scheduled

busydoingnothin

Asylum based citizenship
Applied in June 2020
Bios reused February 2021
Interview scheduled for March 2021

If I reschedule, does anyone know how much longer that would take?

Congruts.

I think the risk of extended delays if you reschedule is less now, compared to the past year. They have systems in place now to handle the uncertainties brought on by covid. However, your priority should always be to get done with immigration issues, unless you have no choice. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congruts.

I think the risk of extended delays if you reschedule is less now, compared to the past year. They have systems in place now to handle the uncertainties brought on by covid. However, your priority should always be to get done with immigration issues, unless you have no choice. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you! Did you have to bring passport of COP and/or RTD with you to the interview?

Thank you! Did you have to bring passport of COP and/or RTD with you to the interview?

I brought the RTD, but the officer was not interested in that document. She only asked for the GC. My trips were clearly documented, showing that over the last several years, I had never visited COP.

12 days left until the interview. Beginning to study for the test and gathering everything together. Will bring my tax returns for the last 5 years (2016-2020), expired RTD, Green Card, Selective Service Card. The moment has never been this close.

12 days left until the interview. Beginning to study for the test and gathering everything together. Will bring my tax returns for the last 5 years (2016-2020), expired RTD, Green Card, Selective Service Card. The moment has never been this close.
good luck!

good luck!
I really have to shout out to @7of9. We have been on this for years and even though you have completed your process, you're still here helping us. My interview is 3/19 so I have just over 2 weeks to go. Unfortunately, Oath are like 2-3 months after. Wish me luck.

Today, on March 8th in Boston I got approved US citizenship! The interview process was straightforward. They collected my interview notice when I entered. The officer who appeared to be Brazilian went over my application, asked the yes or no questions. Asked to show my GC, RTD and Driver's License. Didn't really go into detail about my trips or addresses. Just asked about the last of each. Proceeded to the test - some of the questions were "What is the capital of your state?" , "How many years is a senator elected for?", etc. The writing / reading part of the exam was easy. I also was able to submit a name change. Waiting for the oath to be scheduled now.

Today, on March 8th in Boston I got approved US citizenship! The interview process was straightforward. They collected my interview notice when I entered. The officer who appeared to be Brazilian went over my application, asked the yes or no questions. Asked to show my GC, RTD and Driver's License. Didn't really go into detail about my trips or addresses. Just asked about the last of each. Proceeded to the test - some of the questions were "What is the capital of your state?" , "How many years is a senator elected for?", etc. The writing / reading part of the exam was easy. I also was able to submit a name change. Waiting for the oath to be scheduled now.
Congratulations for your next step

Congruts! I'm really happy for you. Really appears that the world is good, the world is ok, when good things happen to people like you @busydoingnothin. The world makes sense to me again. There is goodness in this world. And it is worth to fight for, to believe.

Congruts! I'm really happy for you. Really appears that the world is good, the world is ok, when good things happen to people like you @busydoingnothin. The world makes sense to me again. There is goodness in this world. And it is worth to fight for, to believe.

Thank you! I was actually thinking of you the whole time before the interview and all the advice you have given on this forum. Much appreciated. Thanks again very much. I also forgot to mention that I did not bring the tax transcripts with me hoping that the officer wouldn't ask for them and he didn't. I'm assuming I'll have the oath in a few weeks or so since the notice is already in the mail. Passport with a new name on hand by next month. Hoping to do some international traveling afterwards. Things are looking good. I feel like on cloud nine. Especially after dealing with this for 10 years! If someone had told me then that the whole process would take me 10 years, I would have thought twice about doing it. Perhaps it's good that I just kinda let it go without stressing too much about the time frame.

Thank you! I was actually thinking of you the whole time before the interview and all the advice you have given on this forum. Much appreciated. Thanks again very much. I also forgot to mention that I did not bring the tax transcripts with me hoping that the officer wouldn't ask for them and he didn't. I'm assuming I'll have the oath in a few weeks or so since the notice is already in the mail. Passport with a new name on hand by next month. Hoping to do some international traveling afterwards. Things are looking good. I feel like on cloud nine. Especially after dealing with this for 10 years! If someone had told me then that the whole process would take me 10 years, I would have thought twice about doing it. Perhaps it's good that I just kinda let it go without stressing too much about the time frame.
I am so happy for you. Please let us know when is your both and your passport journey.

Mine is next week and I am beyond nervous.

The worst thing happened to me. I’ll make it short.
I went to my interview, arrived at 7:45am... first one to go through.
I sat there and watched everybody who came in after went in for interview while I’m sitting there until 9:15am.
One of the lady at the front asked me if I checked after security, I said yes. An officer called me who happens to be from the same country I am from(CO0).

she asked for my DL, PP and GC which I gave her. She then asked why I don’t have a Virginia DL, why is it still NY. I explained that I am a military spouse so I don’t have to change to Va license or even pay VA taxes. I filed in NY where I was a resident, then moved to VA. She immediately told me she won’t be able to give me a decision.

fast forward through the civic test and application which of course I passed, she did not Mark that I passed, just that decision cannot be made and I should wait for RFE in the mail.

I went home, check my USCIS and saw the letter available immediately. The letter is asking for me to show proof that I am VA resident 90 days prior to submitting my application. That is beyond impossible because I did not file in VA, I moved after my filing which is ok under the law. I followed the law, filed and when the pandemic hit, I moved and updated my AR11.
I reached out to a few attorneys and so far, all they can say is I should send a letter explaining what I already explained. I’m so torn right now, I don’t know what to do.

The worst thing happened to me. I’ll make it short.
I went to my interview, arrived at 7:45am... first one to go through.
I sat there and watched everybody who came in after went in for interview while I’m sitting there until 9:15am.
One of the lady at the front asked me if I checked after security, I said yes. An officer called me who happens to be from the same country I am from(CO0).

she asked for my DL, PP and GC which I gave her. She then asked why I don’t have a Virginia DL, why is it still NY. I explained that I am a military spouse so I don’t have to change to Va license or even pay VA taxes. I filed in NY where I was a resident, then moved to VA. She immediately told me she won’t be able to give me a decision.

fast forward through the civic test and application which of course I passed, she did not Mark that I passed, just that decision cannot be made and I should wait for RFE in the mail.

I went home, check my USCIS and saw the letter available immediately. The letter is asking for me to show proof that I am VA resident 90 days prior to submitting my application. That is beyond impossible because I did not file in VA, I moved after my filing which is ok under the law. I followed the law, filed and when the pandemic hit, I moved and updated my AR11.
I reached out to a few attorneys and so far, all they can say is I should send a letter explaining what I already explained. I’m so torn right now, I don’t know what to do.
wow ...that's not good. It always amazes me that it is often fellow country of origin people who punish you, not strangers. I would have thought that this person from the same country as you, would have 'helped' by not punishing you with technicalities.

Just look at it as another delay that you need to overcome.

Three months residence: She is saying she wants proof that you have been in VA for three months, and she doesn't care about NY. Her interpretation of the law is that the jurisdiction where you get your citizenship takes precedence over where the case was filed. I'm afraid she might be right there...: You can submit your case anywhere in the US, you can move as many times as you want, get your case transferred as many times as you want, but....you can only get your citizenship if you prove that you have been 90 days in your final jurisdiction where the interview+oath happens. So, technically, she is right to ask for proof of 90 days of residence.

Lease agreement, credit card records, change of address confirmation from USCIS, mails from USCIS showing your new address in VA, etc. Of course, an updated DL would have solved all these issues.... All these above, will might not be enough.....my advice is today:

a) Get your military ID updated with VA address if it is not,
b) Go to the DMV as soon as you can and get your VA DL
c) Respond to the RFE with your current files, including any from the military, and ....and hope for the best
d) Normally, even if your the 90 days are not enough, some officers approve the application, but hold off on your oath ceremony until after the 90s residence.....

Good luck...

Three months residence: She is saying she wants proof that you have been in VA for three months, and she doesn't care about NY. Her interpretation of the law is that the jurisdiction where you get your citizenship takes precedence over where the case was filed. I'm afraid she might be right there...: You can submit your case anywhere in the US, you can move as many times as you want, get your case transferred as many times as you want, but....you can only get your citizenship if you prove that you have been 90 days in your final jurisdiction where the interview+oath happens. So, technically, she is right to ask for proof of 90 days of residence.
I don’t believe you are correct. The manual only talks about the 3 month residency requirement for before filing. It mentions nothing about 3 months required in a new jurisdiction in the section that talks about informing them of a change of address when you move. I think @Rodney1990 was incorrectly asked for this and hopefully it will be correctly decided on, on review. I am aware of a number of similar cases where there was no problem after having moved. I am even aware of a case where the person moved between interview and oath and had no problem doing just oath in new place. They are very strict about the requirement for where you filed, but that is not relevant here.

Relevant part of the manual : https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-6

I don’t believe you are correct. The manual only talks about the 3 month residency requirement for before filing. It mentions nothing about 3 months required in a new jurisdiction in the section that talks about informing them of a change of address when you move. I think @Rodney1990 was incorrectly asked for this and hopefully it will be correctly decided on, on review. I am aware of a number of similar cases where there was no problem after having moved. I am even aware of a case where the person moved between interview and oath and had no problem doing just oath in new place. They are very strict about the requirement for where you filed, but that is not relevant here.

Relevant part of the manual : https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-6
That was my assumption. I had written a paragraph saying that the residence requirement was met in NY, but deleted it. You are correct that she is applying the law incorrectly. As error, hope she can fix it. But I'm inclined to think that she will be pigheaded. You would think that since she does this work for a living, she will actually understand the law and apply it correctly.