N400 Interview Detroit 10/29/02

gnk979

Registered Users (C)
I have an N400 Interview on 10/29/02 at Detroit. Has anyone been interviewed in Detroit lately ? If so can you please share your experience ?

Also in Detroit INS - Is there an option to swear in right after the interview ? or do I have to wait for the next swearing in ceremony ?

Thanks.....

N-400 interview

The interview at INS Detroit should be smooth as long as you have everything submitted correctly.

There is no option to get sworn-in on the same day at INS Detroit.

The interview shouldn't last more than 20 to 30 minutes. I would probably say 15 minutes top if everything is in order. The tests of both US history and English are very easy! Just make sure you go through all the questionnaires that are available on INS website.

The oath ceremony usually gets scheduled about a month later. Make sure you ask the INS officer after your interview about the oath time if he/she does not mention it to you.

Good luck to you and make sure you dress properly.

Interview Update 10/29/02

FYI.. The interview went well. I was asked to read a line “you have passed the test” and write another line that was “I work in the State of Michigan” and this was followed by 5 verbal questions, which were as follows;

1. What is the significance of Lansing? – Capital of Michigan
2. Who is the Governor of Michigan? – John Engler
3. Under which branch does the president fall? – Executive
4. Which branch of the government is the Congress – Legislative
5. Who is the Chief Justice? – William Rheinquist

The whole thing was done in less than 10 minutes (Although I had an appt at 1.00 PM and had to wait till 1.50PM for my turn). After I was done the officer asked me to send my wife in she separately interviewed and tested my wife and it took 7 minutes for my wife who was asked a different set of questions and answered all of them correctly.

The only documents that the officer asked was the Green Card, Driving License and Passport .

We were then asked to wait and they gave us the test result in writing that we had passed and we were verbally told that our Swearing in ceremony would be in West Michigan (instead of driving all the way to Detroit).

So, now I am waiting for the date of the swearing in ceremony.