N400 - information about my spouse's prior spouse

damon_boston

Registered Users (C)
Hi there!

I'm currently getting my N400 ready to submit and I am confused about part 8, section G.

I got my GC through marriage to my wife (a US citizen) but she had been married before.

So in section 8/G, do I provide details on my wife at the time of her previous marriage (with her old family name) or do I provide the details on the guy she was married to?

The language isn't very clear on the form, and the last thing I want to happen is for this to be denied because I picked the incorrect one!

Many thanks!

They are asking about the previous marriages your wife had. Supply her married name before as well as the marriage date. They are not asking for your wife's ex-husband's info.

They are asking about the previous marriages your wife had. Supply her married name before as well as the marriage date. They are not asking for your wife's ex-husband's info.

So I had my interview today, and the officer told me that this was incorrect. She asked me about my wife's previous husband, his status, etc. She admitted the question was confusing but her statement was, "We already know who your current wife is from the earlier section, what we need here are the details on who she has been married to before."

Luckliy I had all the details on her prior marriage and the interview went fine.

So I had my interview today, and the officer told me that this was incorrect. She asked me about my wife's previous husband, his status, etc. She admitted the question was confusing but her statement was, "We already know who your current wife is from the earlier section, what we need here are the details on who she has been married to before."

Luckliy I had all the details on her prior marriage and the interview went fine.

I stand corrected..thanks for the update.