N400- Former employer sued my friend

orajava

Registered Users (C)
Former employer sued my friend and the case was settled later. The only document he got from court was SUMMONS.As there was no crime conducted or charges of the law offices in this case, does he have to give the details about the case in the N-400 application ?

OraJJ

orajava said:
Former employer sued my friend and the case was settled later. The only document he got from court was SUMMONS.As there was no crime conducted or charges of the law offices in this case, does he have to give the details about the case in the N-400 application ?

Though I am not a lawyer and my observation cannot be considered legal but it would sound to me ridiculous to have to specify every law suit unless the person was convicted. Anyone can sue you but that does not make you a culprit. I have nowhere in the form read that asks to lists law suits.

Thanks for clearing doubts..

Yes, that is what we thought as no crime or offense was performed. Before the settlment could reach the employer had started asking xx amount of money (undocumented). But as the new employer which happen to be MNC supported the friend, and got the settlement worked out without paying a Penny to the former employer.

OraJJ

Simillar situation

What should one enter in the Good Moral Character for being charged with committing offense in case of civil action ? Does a criminal action only can lead to an offense and a civil action does not ?

May be it is too much for this forum. But curious to understand as a summons was delieverd to me which stated that '.. Judgment will be taken against you ..' The end result in my case was settlment. But does the charge by a individual (false in reality) may be a TRUE charge or is it only a law officer who can charge.

od