N400 Employment question- Company Name change

dfox

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have a quick question regarding employment section.

After I joined my current employer last year we were acquired by another company and our original company name was changed and I still work for them. How should I enter my employment history? should I enter both the companies seperately or just one entry for my original company name before the change.

I will appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks In advance
dfox

Just to clarify

Hello All,

I have a quick question regarding employment section.

After I joined my current employer last year we were acquired by another company and our original company name was changed and I still work for them. How should I enter my employment history? should I enter both the companies seperately or just one entry for my original company name before the change.

I will appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks In advance
dfox

I would mention both names on the form. For e.g. Company A/Company B. This way both names are mentioned. On the other hand just to be on the safe side, I would also take a letter (verification of employment) on a letter head that talks about the previous company and this new company. This would also clear the confusion on the day of the interview.

As employment history doesn't have much importance at the interview (I am prepared to duck for attacks from all sides) I would just say, include each one in its own line, and say you started working for company B at the time when the merger was completed. Unless company B took over very soon after you got your Green Card I wouldn't care about obtaining any letter from the company.