N400 Documents to be sent question

newjersey_dude

Registered Users (C)
Couple of questions on docs to be sent with N400....
1. For photocopy of GC, is that supposed to be in color, or black/white?
2. Do I need to send tax documents with the form, or not?
3. Do I need to send copy of drivers license with the form, or not?
4. The form and docs are supposed to be USPS priority mail with tracking, or something else?

Thanks

---------------Doesn’t matter(should be front and back of GC)
------------------------NO
--------------NO
4. The form and docs are supposed to be USPS priority mail with tracking, or something else?
----------------USPS priority mail with tracking is OK
Thanks

--------------------------- fee check, 2 photographs

Thanks

- I believe a black and white photocopy should just do it for your GC
- I think it will do you so much good if you will go to you local IRS office to request your tax transcript for the past three years
- For driver licence, you may need to send not just a copy of your driver licence, you may need to get you driving record from DMV and go to the city municipal court where you got a traffic ticket to obtain proof of payment for those ticket - these documents are needed only if you have any traffic ticket(s) and regardless of how many of them you have got. Really its no big deal.
- The way you want to send the documents are totally your option but it may do you a lot of good if you send it express thru USPS. That way you can track the movement and at least be sure it got to them and on time. Remember time is of essence with these immigration stuff.

Finally be at peace and take your time as you put your application and supporting document together. Have a friend of family or two verify the inforamtion with you so that you can avoid any mistake.

I am not a lawyer or something, I am just sharing personal experience with you so if you need an expert advice, please consult an immigration attorney.

I was not allowed to put a link here so look up Form M-477 from USCIS website. This form is a document checklist that will help you further with the documents you need.

Best wishes!! :)

GC photocopy in B&W is fine. I used the zoom to 141% and had to lighten it to be able to read everything clearly. It took 3 or 4 copies to get a good one. I put the front and back on the one sheet, one at the top and the other at the bottom.

Only send what they ask for in the instructions, it makes their job easier. From memory I don't think they ask for tax stuff. If you have outstanding Taxes then pay them before lodging the N-400 and get clear transcripts for the interview. You can call the IRS 800 number for transcripts mailed to you. It takes about 2 weeks and is free. If you do that get the last 5 years. They did not ask for them at my interview though, but a different IO might so go prepared.

I don't think they ask for copy of the drivers license. They will want a copy of it for the Oath Ceremony though.

You can ship them any way you like. I shipped mine Priority with a green return address card so I knew when they got the application.

Good luck.

Send the green card, B&W is fine.

I requested last 5 yrs of tax transcripts from IRS and carried them to interview, but never had to show them. U dont need to send these with N400.