N400 - did not enclose photographs and GC copy

dandan123

Registered Users (C)
I was unaware of the Naturalization guide and assumed the N400 instructions had all the info to file my N400.

So I sent in my forms, mine and wife's without the GC copy and photographs.

What can I expect to happen now ? Will they send me a letter requesting the missing documents or will my application be rejected ?

I'm returning to this board after 6 years, I used to be a frequent visitor till I got my GC in 2001.

Thanks in advance.

My guess is they will return your application with a sheet that has certain items checked. Just resend the application with the right documents. This is what they did when I had sent a check with incorrect amount.

They may return your application, or they may simply wait for interview and ask you to bring the missing items then. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about it as there isn't much you can do now except wait.

Thanks for your responses, I just checked and I see they've encashed my cheques so I guess they're not returning my applications.

I'll just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your responses, I just checked and I see they've encashed my cheques so I guess they're not returning my applications.

I'll just wait and see what happens.
boatbod is right. Sometimes they return the application sometimes not. In your case it appears that they will ask for it during the interview.

On the cancelled cheques I see a number handwritten starting with ECS followed by a 9 characters/numbers, is this the case number ?

Dandan123, How did you mail your application. Is it by first class mail or anyother type with acknowledge. I am about to send my application. This information would be useful.