N400 Cover Letter

AlexanderG

Registered Users (C)
I will file my N400 next week ...I know a cover letter is not requested but it could appear polite to make the effort of a formal introduction to the petition.

What are your thoughts about the contents of such a letter ?

Alex

A cover letter is optional. It can't hurt if you are interested in sending one. But keep it brief, formal and to the point.

Sample

AlexanderG said:
I will file my N400 next week ...I know a cover letter is not requested but it could appear polite to make the effort of a formal introduction to the petition.

What are your thoughts about the contents of such a letter ?

Alex
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date
Your name
address

The Service Center's address
Attention:N-400 Unit

Re: N-400 Application (Original Submission)

Sir,

I wish to apply for the US citizenship.

Please find enclosed the following as required-
1)Completed N-400 application
2)A MO for the amount $ as application and fingerprinting fee.
3) Copy of both sides of my Permanent Resident card
4) Two identical color photographs.

Thanking you,
sincerely,
:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
N-400 (VSC) Philadelphia DO
PD- 2/05
Interview- 8/11/05
Oath Ceremony -9/01/05

Also mention on what basis you qualify for n-400 such as 5yrs, 3yrs, 4+1 after LPR etc.

-g:)

Also say that you have tested yourself through the eligibility work sheet in the N-400 brochure and therefore meet the eligibilty requirements. List the eligibility criteria that you passed such as 5 years (or 3 years) after permanent residence, meet continuous residence requirement, time in district requirement etc. You are basically giving them an idea what kind of application yours is without having them dig through your application and find out, which they do anyway but it always helps if there is a summary.