N400 application filing

vardhman

Registered Users (C)
Is this an issue and how should I present it in my N400 application.

- During last 5 year in between I stayed for a month in a Hotel in Canada. I don't remember the Hotel name. What should I do?

- For a period of 2 years I was on W2 with a company as consultant but got paid when I was on project with clients (may have been out of project for total of 2 months). How should I present the information?

- Never realized to file AR-11, got to know about it just very recently. I have moved during last 5 years. I will be filing my application this week. Do I need to file AR-11.

thanks,

vardhman said:
Is this an issue and how should I present it in my N400 application.

- During last 5 year in between I stayed for a month in a Hotel in Canada. I don't remember the Hotel name. What should I do?

just mentioned you were in Canada (which part of canada?) for 2 months.

- For a period of 2 years I was on W2 with a company as consultant but got paid when I was on project with clients (may have been out of project for total of 2 months). How should I present the information?

were you the independent contractor / consultant? were you a full time employee of the company which provided W2 to you?

if so, just present the info... company A -- time => from / to (the 2 yrs time).

- Never realized to file AR-11, got to know about it just very recently. I have moved during last 5 years. I will be filing my application this week. Do I need to file AR-11.

thanks,[/QUOTE]

If you book hotel reservations with a credit card, you can retrieve the old statements from the credit card company. If that hotel has frequent flyer/stay miles you can check the history. I had to do the same to isolate my frequent client visits to Canada. I requested Credit Card company statement copies for 3 months from 2001.

I would please like to get some advice from you. I am a male 38 years old. I got my greencard in Jan. 2001. i had an EAD before that from October 1998 while my i-485 was pending. I have however been in the States since June 1986. I am now getting ready to file for my citizenship in October of this year. I never registered for selective services as i was not aware of this and now i am 38 years old.

The seconf problem is i was working for two different employers in two different fields when i was going thru my I-485. i worked as a cook (this was with my sponsoring employer) and as a mechancial designer for another employer. I was with the sponsering employer a total of almost three years. But i was only with them for six months after i had recived my greencard. I had been offered a better job with the other firm. I didn't want to work the long hours and two jobs anymore as i was getting ready to get married also.

My questions is how will this effect my citizenship process. Will they look negatively at the fact that i am not longer with the sponosring employer or in the same field for that matter and the other one is about the selective service. I would greatly appricate any help you can give me in this matter.

Regards

HRH

hrh said:
My questions is how will this effect my citizenship process. Will they look negatively at the fact that i am not longer with the sponosring employer or in the same field for that matter and the other one is about the selective service. I would greatly appricate any help you can give me in this matter.

Regards

HRH

not everyone would stay in the same field for rest of their life since they got their green card. however, if you left your sponosring company in a short amount of time after you got your green card, it might raise a red flag to USCIS during the interview. they just want to make sure it was not any immigration fraud. you might just need to tell the truth and list down on the n400 application form.

you did not need to register for SSS. you were over your 26th birthday at the time you had your immigrant status.