N400 Application - Canada visits others

shahabraja

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am trying to complete the N400 application and have few important questions;

a) Do we need to list Canada as countries visited and recall the travel dates
b) Under employment history, should i say "IT" as profession or state the designation
c) Employment history, forms wants us to list 5 years but i have been working for the same employers before my GC was approved (AC21 case)
d) Speeding ticket- where should i list one speed ticket i got near Dallas

Appreciate everyone's help!

Happy New Year... :) Optimistic....

a) Yes. If the visit was short - half a day, for example - it will count towards your residency requirements but you still need to list it.
b) "IT" is too broad - put your official title there and do not worry if it makes no sense to them
c) OK, list your employers for the last 5 years, which in this case would be your one and only employer
d) Part 10-D, question 16 deals with citations and other parking-related issues. Say YES, and include a separate piece of paper where you explain, in detail, what ticket you were given. Do not forget to mention the amount of the ticket.

Happy New Year to you too. You'll get there! :)

Thanks for a prompt reply.

I need to clarify couple of things here..

c) My I-485 was pending for a year when i switched job in 2003, GC was approved in 2004--- Under employment start date, should i say 2003 or 2004 when i got my GC?
d) What if i don't remember the ticket amount?? Is speeding ticket considered as serious violation to be listed at N400 application?

Another related question, I moved from NJ to TX... Lived at company's corporate apartment for few weeks before buying a house.... do i need to list the company's place or just list the permanent?

How do you prepare to the citizenship test?

Appreciate your time!! Have a good one...:)