N400 and Marriage to an international

fitness99

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

Hello - I am a US Permanent Resident and have satisfied the requirement of 5 years continuous residency towards citizenship. I am in the process of getting married before I file N-400 later this year. My question is what are the options to bring a spouse from India to US in this situation?

Can anyone in a similar situation or have any knowledge of any process, please respond.

Thank you.

So, While we are waiting for the N400 approval is it possible to apply for the v-visa for the spouse as a green card holder? What forms shoud we fill?

Fitness99...I am in a similar situation to yours. i have applied for N-400. However, the processing time in Cleveland area is long for naturalization from what I hear. Have you heard any way of bringing your wife here or do you plan to wait until you get your citizenship. Thanks. If you want to email, my add is sundar_akron@yahoo.com

Thanks
Sundar

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitness99...I am in a similar situation to yours. i have applied for N-400. However, the processing time in Cleveland area is long for naturalization from what I hear. Have you heard any way of bringing your wife here or do you plan to wait until you get your citizenship.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sundar - I haven't decided yet! I am not sure how long it takes to process the N-400 in Texas. Depending on the time, I may plan to file for I-130, and maybe later amend the petition, once I become naturalized. I wish you the very best with your situation.

Thanks.