N-652 Experience

Do you need to surrender your own nationality's passport on day of Oath & Ceremony?

A friend of mine told me that he was asked to surrender his current passport (of his nationality) on day of Oath & Ceremony. Is that required? I've been hearing a contradictory comments (some said no, some said yet). Another friend of mine got his oath letter, and the "current passport" was not stated on the checklist of things to bring on day of Oath & Ceremony?

Could anyone share their experience.

Regards,
F.C.

A friend of mine told me that he was asked to surrender his current passport (of his nationality) on day of Oath & Ceremony. Is that required? I've been hearing a contradictory comments (some said no, some said yet). Another friend of mine got his oath letter, and the "current passport" was not stated on the checklist of things to bring on day of Oath & Ceremony?

Could anyone share their experience.

Regards,
F.C.

I never hear they ask surrend your passport. You will need to surrend you GC and travel documents if any issued by USCIS before nothing else.

Interview today decision cannot be made at this time.

Well, I had my interview today it went okay except the lady IO wants more documents of proof of residence. Decision can't be made right now.

I sent bills, IRS transcipts 2003 to 2008, payment stubs and bills for 2005 to 2008 with my N-400. She gave me a list of things to mail within 30 days.

1. Utility bills
2. Lease/rental agreement or proof of mortgage
3. Medical records
4. Marriage certificate
5. Vehicle registration for all vehicles owned
6. DMV print out
7. Vehicle insurance
8. List of addresses where you have resided since 2003. Please indicate how long you have resided at each address and with whom you lived.
9. Bank statements
10. Social security statements
11. Any other proof of residence.

I gave her #4 and an affidavit of residence from my dad when I lived with him(2002-2005). For 2003 and 2004 she wants bank statements which the bank can't provide since they purged that out already from their system. I gave her letter from bank indicating when account was opened in 2003.

I am sending her copy of DL, W-2s for 2005-2008, # 10, bank transactions I have for 2003 and 2005. If the bank has to provide me with 2004 transactions it will cost $30.00/hour to retrieve from storage and that will take a few months. They can not give an estimated total cost to retrieve 2004 transactions from storage. So the only proof of residence for 2003-2004 I have is the information from bank account(no bills).

I guess to really comes down to the IO to decide if I showed enough proof of residence.

Well, I had my interview today it went okay except the lady IO wants more documents of proof of residence. Decision can't be made right now.

I sent bills, IRS transcipts 2003 to 2008, payment stubs and bills for 2005 to 2008 with my N-400. She gave me a list of things to mail within 30 days.

1. Utility bills
2. Lease/rental agreement or proof of mortgage
3. Medical records
4. Marriage certificate
5. Vehicle registration for all vehicles owned
6. DMV print out
7. Vehicle insurance
8. List of addresses where you have resided since 2003. Please indicate how long you have resided at each address and with whom you lived.
9. Bank statements
10. Social security statements
11. Any other proof of residence.

I gave her #4 and an affidavit of residence from my dad when I lived with him(2002-2005). For 2003 and 2004 she wants bank statements which the bank can't provide since they purged that out already from their system. I gave her letter from bank indicating when account was opened in 2003.

I am sending her copy of DL, W-2s for 2005-2008, # 10, bank transactions I have for 2003 and 2005. If the bank has to provide me with 2004 transactions it will cost $30.00/hour to retrieve from storage and that will take a few months. They can not give an estimated total cost to retrieve 2004 transactions from storage. So the only proof of residence for 2003-2004 I have is the information from bank account(no bills).

I guess to really comes down to the IO to decide if I showed enough proof of residence.

Submit as much as document you can. Then wait, you may receive your OL in 4-8 weeks if everything goes well. Did you received N-652?

Submit as much as document you can. Then wait, you may receive your OL in 4-8 weeks if everything goes well. Did you received N-652?

Yes, she ticked you passed the tests of English, US history and government and B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

I also got one of those unfortunate N-652. The reason for my delay is because of a pending name check. Here is how my interview went, and I do understand the frustration. They put your life on hold and that is HORRIBLE!!!

"Hello! I Hope that everyone is having a great day! Well I had my interview today and I feel really dissapointed and almost heart-broken. I arrived to my interview on time, answered all of my questions correctly, and passed both the English and the History/Civics tests. The Interviewing officer was really nice and everything seemed to be going well when suddendly he tells me:

" A decision cannot be made today" and he gave me a paper saying that they need to wait for my FBI Name check to clear.

As I exited the office I saw that all of the other people who were in that same waiting room made their way to the oath ceremony except for me. I thought that the USCIS schedules interviews once they get all clearances from the FBI and after they complete all of the necessary background checks. I really don't understand what happened and I feel like I will get denied. I have read all of the nightmares about the FBI name checks being delayed for years and my gut feeling tells me that USCIS is going to deny my petition. I feel so lost right now and seeing the other people take the oath today really got to me. Perhaps I have to start getting used to the idea that I won't become a US citizen anytime soon.

Good Luck to the rest of You!

P.S. Something tells me that the Immigration Officer was not being completely honest with me. "

I also got one of those unfortunate N-652. The reason for my delay is because of a pending name check. Here is how my interview went, and I do understand the frustration. They put your life on hold and that is HORRIBLE!!!

"Hello! I Hope that everyone is having a great day! Well I had my interview today and I feel really dissapointed and almost heart-broken. I arrived to my interview on time, answered all of my questions correctly, and passed both the English and the History/Civics tests. The Interviewing officer was really nice and everything seemed to be going well when suddendly he tells me:

" A decision cannot be made today" and he gave me a paper saying that they need to wait for my FBI Name check to clear.

As I exited the office I saw that all of the other people who were in that same waiting room made their way to the oath ceremony except for me. I thought that the USCIS schedules interviews once they get all clearances from the FBI and after they complete all of the necessary background checks. I really don't understand what happened and I feel like I will get denied. I have read all of the nightmares about the FBI name checks being delayed for years and my gut feeling tells me that USCIS is going to deny my petition. I feel so lost right now and seeing the other people take the oath today really got to me. Perhaps I have to start getting used to the idea that I won't become a US citizen anytime soon.

Good Luck to the rest of You!

P.S. Something tells me that the Immigration Officer was not being completely honest with me. "

It is not exactly a bad news, see I got N-652 Congrats, suggested to approval and waited 5 weeks to receive my oath letter while some others received N-652 decision cannot make at this time and they received oath letter in 4 weeks . Yes they don't schedule interviews without namecheck cleared but this is for %99.99 not for %100. On the other hand, sometimes they just say background check is not done even it is not true if they did not finish your file review yet. Just give couple of weeks and if you don't receive your N-445 in 4 weeks schedule an infopass.

Hi Everyone,

I am so tired searching no answer on Yahoo, so gratefully someone hear can explain my case to me in detail.

I passed the english and history test and the officer has given me the N-652 with a decision cannot be made immediately.

There is one row that I did not understand: ( where the officer ticked )

"Follow the instruction on form WR-822"

Since this is a requirement, what shall I need to do to complete this requirement??

Please let me know what you did and what I shall do just for this one.

Thanks alot!
Jay

I had my interview 2 days ago and there were a few issues during it.
1. I don't work since my family is here, are well off and pick up all the bills. She asked me about this
2. This year I had to travel 3-4 times including once after I filed my 400 mainly due to someone being terminally ill.I was asked to sign a statement about my travel and make a statement that these were all the trips I ever made since 99.
3. There was an issue with my name as the USCIS misspelled it on my GC when it was issued 12 years ago. I was told to recitify it during citizenship as it would be easier. The officer corrected this and photocopied several of my documents incl my BC, SSEC, State ID.

This is what I received in the N-652. Is it advisable to travel while this is being processed or should I just put that on hold. Have others had similar problems? Is this a hold up because of the above issues or is it something more serious?
Also how long do they take to get back to me usually. The officer said a few weeks.
------------------------
The boxes checked were
You Passed the tests of English & US History & Gov

and...

B) A decision cannot be made about your application

Notify the USCIS if you change your address

Come to any scheduled interview

Submit all requested documents

Send any questions to the officer named above

Go to any oath ceremony that you are scheduled to attend.

Notify USCIS as soon as possible in writing if you cannot come to any scheduled interview or oath ceremony. Include a copy of this paper and a copy of the scheduling notice.