N-652 approved or not?

gcpain1

Registered Users (C)
I went to my interview yesterday and the result of the interview was N-652 with approved. However, all the while the IO kpet stamping approved on my N400 or circling oath on my n400, he kept telling my supervisor needs to review it and sign off on it but since he does not see any problems he is approving my application. So here i am confused. does this mean i can be denied by the supervisor. FYI...i was arrested 8 years ago for DV but was never charged. I gave him all the supporting documetns.

Generally a arrest in itself is not a problem, you were never charged let alone be convicted, anytime you are arrested all the DAO's are required for a supervisor to sign off on it, he would not have stamped approved in front of you if he had a little bit of a doubt with the supervisor's approval.
Your N-652 says you are recommended for approval and that's what it means, you should get a Oath letter soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your N-652 says you are recommended for approval and that's what it means, you should get a Oath letter soon.

gcpain1, congrats you will get OL shortly. But my case is different. I had my interview at CHI on 04/21 and did get a Congratulations you are recommended for approval on form-652. I am still waiting for OL. Last week i got info through Congressmen's office that my case is held up for background check. Between recommended for approval and actual Approval there is slip between cup and lips at least in my case.

Our service center is a small place and all the files are sent to a place in Minnesota, I think it Duluth. Therefore, all applications must be approved by supervisor. But everybody who meets requirements gets a letter with Congratulations! and statement 'your case is recommended for approval and if you meed final review you will get oath letter'. I hope we (me and my wife) get oath letter, however nothing is called as done unless oath is finally taken and naturalization certificates are in hand.

MN_DO

gcpain1, congrats you will get OL shortly. But my case is different. I had my interview at CHI on 04/21 and did get a Congratulations you are recommended for approval on form-652. I am still waiting for OL. Last week i got info through Congressmen's office that my case is held up for background check. Between recommended for approval and actual Approval there is slip between cup and lips at least in my case.
Madh4,

I was in the same boat, I had my interview on Jan 11, 2010 and because of the name check I got stuck, I filed the suit under 1447(b) on the 122nd day, on May 13, 2010 ( You can file after 120 days ) and on the 32nd day June 14th, after I filed was approved and was given a oath on June 18, 2010.
You had your interview in April, seems like your 120 days time line is near, do not wait for a single day, when I filed my case on May 13th in Federal Court in the court clerk office I met a gentleman from Somalia who got interviewed 9 years ago and got stuck in name check, he was there to withdraw his suit, he got his oath done within a month after he filed also.
He was not aware of 1447(b) and didn't have 6K the lawyer wanted to file his suit and later got tired and found out he can file himself.
Unlike gcpain my 652 said, a decision cannot be made at this time.

You will not get a denial letter, if your name check is stuck you will not get anything in the mail, but then again the officer would have never put the approval stamp in front of you if your name check was not cleared.