N-600K urgent appointment required!

BhuVik

I filled out N-600k in September 2019 for my kids. We live overseas so my father is the petitioner for my kids. He received a letter of invitation of ceremony for both of them on April 23, 2019 to attend the ceremony on April 29, 2019 (USCIS wanted us to travel from Australia to US on 5day notice. Ridiculous right!).

We managed to book air tickets on April 23, 2019 (costed $7,000) and on April 24, 2019 we received an email of cancellation of ceremony with out explaining any reason (Are they serious?).

Luckily air ticket was flexible and can be used before June 16, 2019 so now we have to travel between May, 20, 2019 to June 15, 2019.
I have tried to call 800 number and immigration officer raised a service request to let the local office know that you have messed up these people and you need to give appointment in this timeframe. Immigration officer said it may take 30 days to respond.

Have anyone faced this? Or do guys know what can I do in this case? How can I get urgent appointment?

Thanks
Bhuv

It’s probably not of much use to you, but there have been a number of instances recently of oath ceremonies being descheduled and a time gap before they are rescheduled. Bear in mind that almost everyone undergoing oath ceremonies does so via n400 and has to live in the jurisdiction they take the oath, so the unfortunate circumstances of your case probably don’t even enter their minds. I’m not sure there is anything you can do but wait - the ceremonies usually run on fixed schedules.

I am slightly confused as I didn’t think N600 applicants needed to take oaths? but I am not that familiar with it.

It’s probably not of much use to you, but there have been a number of instances recently of oath ceremonies being descheduled and a time gap before they are rescheduled. Bear in mind that almost everyone undergoing oath ceremonies does so via n400 and has to live in the jurisdiction they take the oath, so the unfortunate circumstances of your case probably don’t even enter their minds. I’m not sure there is anything you can do but wait - the ceremonies usually run on fixed schedules.

I am slightly confused as I didn’t think N600 applicants needed to take oaths? but I am not that familiar with it.
Thanks Susie for replying.

It's actually N-600K which is only for people living overseas.
You claim citizenship for minors based on Grandparents.
USCIS run interview and oath same day.
N-600K need oath but this form is used for minors so one the parents take oath instead.

This is why it is surprising for us that N-400 and N-600 people are living and in the US and USCIS can cancel and reschedule their ceremony.
In our case, it is clear that we reside overseas and they need to give 30 days notice (rather 5 days which happened in our case) and they need to make sure they don't cancel as no one have spare $7000 in their pockets to travel back and forth.
So I am trying is to get an urgent appointment based on we have already booked flights because of USCIS mistake.
We have no other choice but to travel on those dates.