N-600 timeline in New York?

Upstater

Registered Users (C)
I just completed my naturalization process (see my post in the NYC thread) and it is time to file an N-600 for my kids.

Can anyone comment on the actual speed of processing?

Thanks!

in the same boat. Applied and got passport for child in a week. Not heard from USCIS in 3 weeks

My advice...

Don't consider an N-600 if you care about the speed of processing. Get your kids passports first. That way they have proof of US citizenship reasonably quickly.

The Citizenship Certificate that results from an N-600 application is useful once your kids leave home and need to have proof of their American-ness without tracing back through your natz cert.

So, get the passports first, then submit N-600s and don't bother gettting worried about how long they take

(We submitted my daughter's N-600 in Dallas almost a year ago)

Thank you. It seems that I can apply for them simulatneously - USCIS accepts copies of things, only for the passport application you need originals.
The only reason I want to do this sooner rather than later is the fee increase.
But I agree, I would not do N-600 and then the passport.

My advice...

Don't consider an N-600 if you care about the speed of processing. Get your kids passports first. That way they have proof of US citizenship reasonably quickly.

The Citizenship Certificate that results from an N-600 application is useful once your kids leave home and need to have proof of their American-ness without tracing back through your natz cert.

So, get the passports first, then submit N-600s and don't bother gettting worried about how long they take

(We submitted my daughter's N-600 in Dallas almost a year ago)