N-600 Help

andy505

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I got our citizenship. My 12 year old son is born in India. As per USCIS, my son is automatically became a citizen of US. We have applied the passport for my son along with ours. But my problem is that whether we should file for N-600 or not.

I'm still waiting for our passports to arrive. When they do, I will file an N600 for my child. A passport expires - or worse, it can be lost or stolen - a naturalization certificate is for life. The only downside to filling is the $400+ but I think its worth it.

I completely concur with Just Shoot Me. A certificate means a permanent record tied directly to your child's A-number is created and kept on file. Yes it is costly, but it establishes your child's citizenship for life - without ever requiring the need for documentation proving your relationship and his/her derivation.

If you think about it, it's a very cheap document. Yes, it's a relatively hefty sum up front, but it'll last for life so if you break it down and see how much it costs over an extended period of time (decades) than it's just cents at best.

Documentation with N 600

Folks, I know you are going ahead.. I found the documentation somewhat confusing - do you have to submit original documentation for N600 (our Natz certs/passports etc) or a photo copy will do? Thanks.:confused: