N-470 question - Urgent!

zamindar

Registered Users (C)
Part 3, Section 2:
Since lawfully entry as a permanent resident, have you resided in and been physically present in the United States for an uninterrupted period of at least one year?

Does this mean lawful entry from the last foreign trip?

Thanks,
Zamindar

It says exactly what it means. Have you been continuously in the US for a period of 1 year without taking any trips.

No. It means since you came into the US immediately prior to getting your green card.

OK what it really means..... Since you became LPR, have you had a period of one year in which you did not have any international trips? It doesn't have to be the most recent one year.

OK what it really means..... Since you became LPR, have you had a period of one year in which you did not have any international trips? It doesn't have to be the most recent one year.

My attorney says it means: you must have been living in the US for one interrupted year, without any absence whatsoever, on the day of filing N-470.

But it doesn't make sense.

N-470 form says:
"Please note that in most cases you must have been physically present and residing in the United States for an uninterrupted period, without any absences whatsoever, for at least oneyear after your admission as a lawful permanent resident before you can file a Form N-470".

I just called the USCIS and talked to both an employee and his supervisor and according to them admission as a lawful permanent resident means when I got the status of a US Legal Permanent Resident.

Last edited by a moderator: