N-470 -- international transfer with US Organization

Hi All,

I received my Greencard in May of 2018 and I work for an American Multi-national tech company that has offices in the Amsterdam.
I recently have an opportunity to go work in the Netherlands. I wanted to ask, if my company does and internal transfer do I jeopardize abandoning my GreenCard?

I was going to see if I am eligible for the N470, however I've been on multiple vacations internationally 2-3 week periods at a time, does that interrupt my continuous status? If so, is there any way around that?

Could I potentially just make frequent trips back and fourth for the next 2 years? IE. Come back every 2-3 months for a week at a time. I could Sublet my place so the lease will still be on my name.. etc..

SusieQQQ

Subletting means you don’t meet “The applicant retained full access to his or her United States abode” so would count against you to support a claim of residence.
You’d certainly undermine your physical presence requirement by spending ... hmm would that be just 4-6 weeks a year in the US.
Note re continuous residence they do say
“An officer may also review whether an applicant with multiple absences of less than 6 months will be able to satisfy the continuous residence and physical presence requirements. In some cases, an applicant may not be able to establish that his or her principal actual dwelling place is in the United States or establish residence within the United States for the statutorily required period of time”

Quotes from https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-3 , which also describes the limited types of companies N470 might apply to.

1AurCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Returning to the US every 2-3 months for a week is attempting to game the system, and so is subletting.

Working overseas means you're not resident in the US, which factors in to negate the physical presence requirement. You have to decide which of the overseas employment or Naturalization matters more to you. Can't have both!