N-470 and REP

HumHongeKamyaab

Registered Users (C)
With approved N-470 and REP can I not worry about maintaining US residence and vehicle? I will be maintaining US bank account and driver's license. Also I will be traveling every 170 days for 2 weeks.

Also, if I apply for citizenship from the same state where I was resident for nine years before departing the US and where I pay state income taxes during my absence is the 90 day waiting period applicable to my case.

Thanks.

With approved N-470 and REP can I not worry about maintaining US residence and vehicle?
Correct. You don't have to maintain anything in the US while you're working for the specified employer during the validity of the N-470, and you don't need to return to the US within every 6 months. But you still need to file US taxes.

Also, if I apply for citizenship from the same state where I was resident for nine years before departing the US and where I pay state income taxes during my absence is the 90 day waiting period applicable to my case.
If you return to the same state you were living in before you left, the time you already lived there will count towards the 3-month residence requirement so you don't need to wait it out again.