N-400 with Nebraska INS

Hi Again,
I received the Interview letter(04.29.05) and the interview it will be on 06.23.05.
Mark

Mark799 said:
Hi Again,
I received the Interview letter(04.29.05) and the interview it will be on 06.23.05.
Mark

Congratulations. Hopefully I'll receive my interview letter soon. BTW, do you know if you're able to enter your case number in your INS profile? I still can't enter mine. Thanks.

Harish Krishna said:
Congratulations. Hopefully I'll receive my interview letter soon. BTW, do you know if you're able to enter your case number in your INS profile? I still can't enter mine. Thanks.
since mark received his letter, he sure will be able to add his case. as the listing of the case number online is an indication of mailing the interview letter. Once you would be able to add or find your case online, you will receive the interview letter the next business day, almost guranteed!

I guess this does not apply to those who case status was online and case could be added to portfolio right from the beginning of application. Me being in that boat will not know when my interview letter is on way?

Hi,
I received the notice on 04.29 and today I checked online(www.ins.gov) and I got this message:

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

I have the letter but they didn't update their database.
Mark

seem the cases in OR move very fast.

i had my FP last week. waiting for the interview notice. DO is in Santa Ana. I just hope the interview note would come in 2-3 months.

seem it is the general waiting time between fp and interview date

Mark799 said:
Hi,
I received the notice on 04.29 and today I checked online(www.ins.gov) and I got this message:

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

I have the letter but they didn't update their database.
Mark

I was able to add the receipt number to the portfolio & sure enough the interview letter arrived today (5/16). And I too get the same message what you have mentioned below. but the interview is scheduled...
So just hang in tight....

Haris,
I had my interview on April 11th, I still haven't received the Oath letter. Little bit concerned. Do you know how to find out if the BCIS has sent the Name check to the FBI? It seems like the process is pretty fast in Nebraska Center. By the way I the interview in Omaha

Reader2000

Reader2000 said:
Haris,
I had my interview on April 11th, I still haven't received the Oath letter. Little bit concerned. Do you know how to find out if the BCIS has sent the Name check to the FBI? It seems like the process is pretty fast in Nebraska Center. By the way I the interview in Omaha

Reader2000

I don't know when the INS requests a name check. Some applicants are very fortunate and their name checks are done by interview time, while others seem to take extra months for processing. If you already had your interview, for sure the FBI has received a request for your name check by now.

I hope you get your oath letter soon.

interview cancelled 2 weeks before

I was scheduled for the citizenship interview june 6th 2005 in Omaha, NE and I just received a notice saying that "this is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on june 6, 2005? and then it goes on to say that they will advise me of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview info, under separate notice.

questions: does rescheduling happen a lot and how should I interpret these unforeseen circumstances? How long should I expect them to notify me? Should I go to Omaha office to ask? What are my options after the 365 days have elapsed (I filed my 400 in July 2004, they received i July 12th 2004, did fingerprints nov. 2004 and received interview notification april 30th 2005, received interview cancellation today dated may 20th 2005. Thank you for your responses/reactions.
Chantal

Here is mine - Reader2000

Nebraska Center Omaha -TimeLine
N400 Application sent : 12/25/04
Application received :12/29/04
FP Date : 01/24/04
FP returned by FBI to USCIS: 01/24/04
Interview Date: 04/11/05
Oath: waiting.......

FOIPA Faxed Date: 05/10/05
Email to FBI about Name check date: 05/10/05
Name Check completed and returned by FBI: ??

I need some info Guru's

I am married to an US citizen in mar 2002, I got green card through my marriage in Apr 2004, is my greencard conditional? and how long i have to wait to apply for citizenship, can anybody please give step by step process and processing times from Illinois.

Thanks in advance!!

ocworker said:
is the number for FBI background check?
Sorry, I missed this!
No, the number (304)625-5590 is for the FP check. That was the question before my post.

NSC St. Louis DO
Sent - 2/9/05
Priority date - 2/14/05

Haven't heard anything since getting the notice letter. Getting worried.......

K

N400 Update & Question from NW

I applied for N400 @ NSC

Mailed to NSC: 5/3/2005
Priority Date: 5/6/2005
Received Notice from NSC: 5/9/2005
Notice for FP: 5/22/2005
FP Scheduled: 6/15/05

I am male 34 Years old and have GC for about 5 years - Do I need to provide an evidence of Selective Service Registration? If Yes, How do I go about getting the Selective Service Registration evidence?

Any help & info. will be greatly appriceated!

Thanks -

Fas

TO: IndianIdol

After you received your first GC(conditional for 2 years) you have to aply to remove your conditional status(I 751 form) after 1 year and 9 months from the day when you became US Resident. After 2 years and 9 months you can aply for your citizenship(N 400 form).

St. Paul DO: got the oath letter: sharing experience

Hello ...

I am sharing my experience if it helps anyone in NSC.

I had my interview that went well on July 11. The officer that handled my application was sharp and very straightforward. He introduced himself and told me that he will be conduction my interview. Had me swear and then went through my application. I noticed he had a thick file of all the papers submitted during the GC process.

I had an issue with Date of Birth on my GC. He said that is how it was submitted for GC. I agreed that the mistake was on my part as have put the format I was used to while in India (DD/MM instead of MM/DD. Since I requested a replacement, he made a note of that. Also made a note of my travel abroad as I had trip after sending the application. Asked me the same questions from N-400. When asked if was cited, I mentioned the times I was stopped for going over the limit. He asked if I liked to overspeed. I calmly replied that I am usually a careful driver and try to maintain the speed limits.

He asked me about applying for Selective Services. And then asked my age. I fumbled as I tried adding the years ;) I guess he realized that by the time I got my GC, I had crossed the age limit for SSS.

He asked me 6-7 questions. All from N-400. Made me read & question & reply. Asked me to write a simple sentence that I want to be a citizen. He then remarked that he is satisfied and he is going to approve my application for citizenship. Since I did not have my Alien Registration Card, he gave me a signed document that he said will allow me to attend the oath ceremony.

Within 3 days of my interview, on thursday, I got a letter to appear for the oath ceremony that is next week (wednesday). And boy am I thrilled!!

So to sum it up, I had a very positive experience. All the trips that I made to the local office of INS was very positive. Based on what I have heard it takes about 6-8 months time in St. Paul area (Nebraska Service Center) to get your Citizenship.

Thanks to the forum and sharing the knowledge, I was well prepared right from step 1 even though I had a simple case.

Wishing all of you the best with your quest in the citizenship process.

Regards
Ravi

Last edited by a moderator:
N400 Nebraska INS

Hi Everyone!

I applied my citizenship at Nebraska Service Center.
Here is my timeline so far.

PD:05/03/05
NOA:05/11/05
NOA For FP:05/23/05
FP:06/11/05 --> at ASC, Naperville, IL
Interview: ?????
Oath: ???????????

I called the number given for FP information. A lady told me that they have been sent to INS on 06/11/05 itself. But, I saw in these forms, who applied after me got their interview information. I am kinda worried. Please guide me if I can check the status of this application. I really appreciate your help!

NOTE: Please share your information that would help.

Thank you!